• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can I increase the format of my Adobe PDF file?

Community Beginner ,
Apr 08, 2022 Apr 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The printshop that will print my brochure has asked me if I can increase the format with 2mm on each side. So it will be 301x314mm instead of 297x310mm.

Since I do not have this file in Adobe Indesign, would it be possible to do this in Adobe Acrobat PDF?

TOPICS
Edit and convert PDFs

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It depends on how the original file was created. You could try going to the Print Production tool in Adobe Acrobat and increasing the page boxes to see if it will reveal more artwork. There are four different page boxes that you can adjust. If that doesn't work, you could try opening the Edit PDF tool and manually modifying the objects. To be clear this is the hard way. Much easier in the source application.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Chad. Thanks for the solutions. Print production tool doesn't increase the mm size of the PDF and manually modifying objects also doesn't work unfortunately.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can increase the page size with the crop tool of Acrobat Pro.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

example adobe.PNG

Hi Bernd. Do you mean this one?
It increases my page size but the content doesn't increase with it, so it has white borders now and that is not my intention.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In this case scale the pages with the preflight tool of Acrobat DC Pro.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You have a few options here, the easiest one is probably to place the pdf into a new InDesign file at the desired final size, then either slightly distort the placed pdf in width to fit the page (including bleed, if needed) or extend the existing page elements by duplicating and moving a sliver of the placed pdf, or recreating the element in InDesign and exporting to a new pdf.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines