Can I install and run 32 and 64bit apps?

New Here ,
Apr 14, 2022 Apr 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, is it possible to run Acrobat pro DC as a x32bit (my plugin only works on this) and run illustrator, Photoshop and InDesign as x64 bit?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As long as you have a computer and an OS that can run 64-bit, you should be fine. Note that there IS a 64-bit version of Acrobat, but only for MacOS.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 22, 2022 Apr 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you for your reply, I have found the 32bit Acrobat DC download and managed to install the plugin that will not run on the 64bit version. Unfortunately it will not save the licence and says "adobe system could not find the environment option that was entered. ; could not save licence" and I have to input the key Every time I open Acrobat.

Any ideas on that would be great. 

Thank you again for your reply. 

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've moved this from the Using the Community forum (which is the forum for issues using the forums) to the Download and Install forum.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are now 64 bit versions of Acrobat DC for Windows, LinSims. The roll out is complex and rather hard to fathom but it is out there. 32-bit still exists. 

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, for some reason the 64 bit Windows version is being slowly rolled out geographically. So far, only Australia, Brazil, France, Germany, India, Italy, Japan, New Zealand, and the UK.

The 64 bit Win installer can be downloaded from 

https://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/kb/download-64-bit-installer.html

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Apr 15, 2022 Apr 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Huh. I just let the CC Desktop App handle things, so if it changed, I didn't notice.

Good to know!

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines