• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can I take a stamp from other pdf file and save it to the folder on computer?

Community Beginner ,
Jun 09, 2021 Jun 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Can i take a stamp that I applied to a pdf file, remove it from that file or copy it then save it as a stamp to the folder on the computer where AdobeAcrobat Pro DC stores them?

My dynamic stamp has been removed from that folder and I don't know what happened to it. We are in the process of getting new computers at my work place, so I suspect they cleaned out the current computer, in preparation of us getting the new ones. I had forgotten about this stamp being in the C drive; all other files (I think) were copied to another drive that I network to.

It's a dynamic stamp and automatically puts today's date in it when I apply it. Can I pull it out of a pdf file and then save it to a networked drive (for now)? That way, I don't have to re-do it.

Thanks!

Denise

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jun 09, 2021 Jun 09, 2021

The dynamic features are in the stamp file. After the stamp has been applied it's just a picture. So if they deleted the stamp file, it's gone.  

However, it sounds like you had a simple that can be easily recreated. If the graphics on the old stamp are impossible to recreate on a new stamp design, then you can in fact copy the old stamp from a file where it's been used to a new, blank one page pdf.  Then use this as the starting point for a new dynamic stamp. this is not a good place to start

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The dynamic features are in the stamp file. After the stamp has been applied it's just a picture. So if they deleted the stamp file, it's gone.  

However, it sounds like you had a simple that can be easily recreated. If the graphics on the old stamp are impossible to recreate on a new stamp design, then you can in fact copy the old stamp from a file where it's been used to a new, blank one page pdf.  Then use this as the starting point for a new dynamic stamp. this is not a good place to start because there is some history that follows PDFs around.  But it will work.

You can read all about stamps here:

https://www.pdfscripting.com/public/All_About_PDF_Stamps.cfm

Watch the video on changing the background of a stamp. You can use this to modify one of the existing dynamic stamps that displays a date to your design.

Thom Parker - Software Developer at PDFScripting
Use the Acrobat JavaScript Reference early and often

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you Thom. I did just what you suggested. I made a new dynamic stamp based on the appearance of the stamp I had used before. It's working like a charm. 

Thanks again.

Denise

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines