• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can no longer add text to pdf with adobe acrobat dc - windows 10 desktop 64 bit professional

New Here ,
Apr 20, 2022 Apr 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am a Real Estate broker who used to be able to interact with certain pdf forms and no longer can on windows 10 with adobe acrobat dc . Cannot type anything on any of the forms where i used to be able to type. This is very frustrating. Help

LuAnne

TOPICS
PDF forms

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does this happen with all files, or just some? What tool are you trying to use to add the text? What happens when you use it, exactly?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello and thank you for your reply! 

This doesn't happen with all documents. I do realize that there are documents that the creators or authors assign specific "permissions" that will not allow certain fields to be added/modified or text to be added. Those are not the documents i am referring to. 

The forms I am referring to are PDF's that I have had and used in the past. Now, these pdf's will not allow any text at all where text is supposed to be inserted. I had always used these forms/real estate contracts, forms from Ohio Div of Real Estate, etc. Now, i cannot interact with any of those forms. Cannot even put a single letter of text on those forms. 

When i attempt to insert a text onto any of these pdf's it isn't possible. 

Do i have to go into the "tools' every time now and if so, when did this happen?

I had my desktop upgraded to Windows 10 and after that i had thsi problme. others I know that have upgraded to windows 10 are having the same problem. The documents are not all from one specific place either. These are random and mostly ones that used to work without any problem and no fees! 

Thank you in advance!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ever Since I upgraded to Windows 10 Professional 64 bit I cannot add text to pdf's. I used to be able to add text to these SAME PDF's prior to installing Windows 10 Professional 64 bit but can't add text anymore. They are alwasays trying to get me to upgrade and pay for Adobe acrobat DC

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You didn't answer my question about what tool you're using... Also, what application are you using, including the exact version number, please.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

acrobat dc freee version. im sorry. i had posted a lengthy answer and it disappeared. Adobe emailed me that my reply was posted but then it disappeared. adobe acrobat reader dc version 2022.001.200117.  Routine pdf's that i use for my real estate practice are no longer usable. Cannot add any text where i used to be able to. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ive replied twice and both times my reply has been deleted. Why? Do we have to use the "tools" now on Adobe Acrobat dc reader? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you have to purchase  a product now in order to be able to complete a previously easy to complete pdf? 

Please answer and stop deleting my questions/replies. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 21, 2022 Apr 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I didn't delete any of your replies. To answer the question: Of course not, you can still do it in the free Acrobat Reader.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 21, 2022 Apr 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Adobe Acrobat hello! We followed the steps you provided and still could not complete forms without using the "tools" tab and selecting "FILL &SIGN" . Don't have to sign every document though. Do you have to use the tool "FILL AND SIGN"in order to complete auto fill forms using the Adobe Acrobat DC Free product? We also ran the cleaning tool referred to in your post after having deleted it. We've reinstalled the program per your instructions and still can't complete PDF forms unless we use the "FILL AND SIGN" TOOL WHICH wasn't previously required prior to upgrading to windows 10 professional 64 bit. Please let me know if we now have to use the FILL AND SIGN TOOL every time we complete auto fill forms. Thank You in advance! LuAnne Russell

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines