• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can no longer extract pages by drag and drop

Explorer ,
May 18, 2020 May 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can no longer drag pages from the Pages Thumbnail sidebar onto my desktop to make a new PDF of those pages. I haven't tried to do this since the last update came through... Is anybody else experiencing this?

It's extremely slow and frustrating having to manually right click extract, select the pages, open it in a new adobe window, then have to save the file through the menu.

Posted bug report here: https://acrobat.uservoice.com/forums/590923-acrobat-for-windows-and-mac/suggestions/40454974-drag-an...

TOPICS
Create PDFs , Edit and convert PDFs , General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 28, 2020 Nov 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you! This procedure also resolve an issue with drag and drop Fill&Sign and Digitally sign features!
I was not able to successfully edit and sign pdf documents anymore for weeks. After this fix, it works again!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 20, 2021 Jan 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks mate, you made my day!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 18, 2021 Feb 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This solution worked for me for Adobe Acrobat Pro DC version 21.001.20138 on Windows. Thank you!

I had the same problem where I could no longer drag thumbnails to extract pages even though I could still right-click and choose "extract pages." My Protected view was already set to "off," but deselecting "enable protected mode at startup" fixed it for me. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 24, 2021 Aug 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hakeem, can you please clarify your solution?

I had to download Adobe Acrobat Reader DC yesterday and cannot now use the arrow to cut out an image.

The arrow is there, but when I try to drag it, no dashed rectangle appears.

I went to "Edit" in the top horizontal menu, but there was no "Preferences" option.

I would be grateful for anyone's suggestions on how to resolve.

Thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 09, 2021 Sep 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Go to Edit, Preferences and select "Security (Enhanced)" on the left.  

UNCHECK the first box "Enable Protected Mode at startup (Preview), then click OK.

Close out of Acrobat and re-open.  You will be able to drag and drop from the Organize Pages mode.

Scandrolico_0-1631220641611.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 09, 2021 Sep 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is the correct solution as MaxSverdlove mentioned back in May 2020. Keep in mind that protected mode does have an important function. With it off, ones computer could be affected by malicious code in files. It's possible that the option to turn it off could be disabled by IT in the registry.

https://www.adobe.com/devnet-docs/acrobatetk/tools/AppSec/protectedmode.html

David Creamer: Community Expert (ACI and ACE 1995-2023)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 09, 2021 Dec 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would like to maintain high security and be able to extract pages from a document by dragging them into a folder. I still don't know how to do that. I think the community would benefit from it. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 07, 2022 Apr 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This doesnt work for me. I followed the directions above and I still can not drag and drop. I have Adobe Acrobat Reader DC Ver 2022.001.20085 64 Bit

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 27, 2022 Jun 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

THANK YOU!!  This worked great!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 06, 2023 Oct 06, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Scandrolico...

Thank you, thank you, thank you.  It worked out perfectly.  Too bad Adobe can't make

easy to follow guidelines.  🙂

D

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 08, 2021 Oct 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Worked for me. Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 15, 2021 Oct 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did have to restart after doing this for it to work. Thanks so much!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 30, 2021 Nov 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you!  I did just as suggested and it solved the problem for me!  I can now drag and drop thumbnail selections to create a new document.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 09, 2021 Dec 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank You So MUCH!

THIS WORKED!!!!!!

I Wish You a Great Success in whatever you do! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 19, 2023 Feb 19, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi. We don't have this option in our office. Any idea what we could do?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 16, 2021 Apr 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This had me incredibly frustrated for hours. I had all of the security settings correct but still could not drag and drop. Then I noticed the hand cursor turned to an arrow as I approached the edge of the page in preview mode. Once the cursor was an arrow I was able to click and drag. Not sure it's the same for everyone but for me, you can only click and drag by clicking on the border of a page on preview mode. Same for actually moving pages within the pdf in preview mode. Hope this helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 26, 2021 Apr 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

None of the other solutions helped me but this did. Although it is incredibly anoying to have to do this. Why would they make this change?!! 

But thank you! I suppose it will have to suffice for now!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 10, 2021 Aug 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yep, this worked for a user that I was assisting.  It's ridiculous, but clicking and holding the page number in the thumbnails allows you to move pages over to another document, if it is a hand icon, it can only drag the window preview.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 08, 2021 Oct 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah... precise placement of the pointer, and how it is displayed at that time (arrow vs. hand vs. crosshair, etc.) has always been a very annoying facet of Adobe products for me. It always felt like they were requiring positioning to be too precise for my taste.  But glad you've got it working!

Cheers,

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 29, 2022 Jan 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

defaultgryrwm9c9lxs, THANK YOU for sharing this nuance. All my security settings are already set as the other two posters described, but it still was not working for me - then you posted this, and I was able to pay close attention to when the hand turned to a pointer and rearrange pages, or drag and drop to a new document. What I want to know, is why did it not have this issue and then suddenly it begins behaving like this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 02, 2021 Nov 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I managed to fix it by turning off protected mode & making sure it was turned off for startup also.

THEN I added my folder, the entire documents folder in my case, to the privledged lications section on the same settings page as above. I then restarted arcobat completely.

Not sure which bit fixed the problem but it's back working like it used to for me now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 05, 2021 Nov 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You just made my day.  I've been going crazy trying to figure out how to fix this over the last 2 or 3 months.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 07, 2021 Nov 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I found a solution. You'll need to disable or turn off the Protected Mode
1. Edit->Preferences->Security (Enhanced)
2. Under Sandbox Protections, disable the Protected Mode
3. Restart the Adobe (close and open the program)
4. You're back in business

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 07, 2021 Nov 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you read the thread, you would have seen that this solution was posted over a year ago. 

David Creamer: Community Expert (ACI and ACE 1995-2023)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 29, 2022 Jan 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's fine. People respond well to multiple variations of explanation. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines