Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can no longer highlight or copy/paste in Acrobat

New Here ,
Jun 06, 2024 Jun 06, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, 

I can no longer highlight or copy/paste in Acrobat Pro documents. There is clearly text, the document is not protected, and weirdly if I double click in a paragraph, it will highlight the sentence on which I've double clicked. 

I've checked previous threads on here, and none of the suggested solutions work. 

TOPICS
General troubleshooting , Modern Acrobat , PDF

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The fact you can see text doesn't mean it's actually there. It could be a part of an image.

If you can't select individual words that's a strong indication that that's the case.

To solve it you would need to run Text Recognition on the file, and then (if it's successful) you'll be able to select text, copy it, search for it, highlight it, etc.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks. None of the above worked, nor anything that I saw in the community discussions. 

I ended up doing help>repair installation then restarting the laptop. That fixed it. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines