• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can not print a .pdf in High Sierra

Explorer ,
Jun 28, 2018 Jun 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I updated my MacBook Pro macOS with High Sierra and use a new HP OfficeJet Pro 8720 All-In-One printer.  After this update I can no longer print any .pdf from Inside

Acrobat XI Pro.

I can get Acrobat to find the printer, however I get this message in the print cue:

I've contacted HP, who had me remove, then reinstall the printer. I still can not print. I looked for drivers on adobe.com but found none.

Would someone please provide a solution for me.  Thank you in advance.

TOPICS
Print and prepress

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could you look at the file in the directory indicated? Is there a file?

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for responding.  I'm not sure how to do this.  Would you mind giving me a bit more detail, please.  Which file? The OfficeJet folder?  Acrobat folder?

I used Finder to look for: "/private/var/spool/cups/tmp/0d4ce5b422e71".  There were no files found.

Thx again for assistance.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

look in the .../tmp directory.

Your problem seams to be a quite common one with MacOS, but there are few solutions around. You may search the fora, there are people that where adviced to reinstall the OS and that solved the problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 29, 2018 Jun 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Still attempting to find a solution.  How do I reinstall Sierra over the top of High Sierra???  I downloaded Sierra but it would not run due to the fact that it was an older version of the OS.  I would love to try this.  Thanks a heap.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 29, 2018 Jun 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Cannot Print Any PDF file - MacOS High Sierra 10.13.2 Error can't open /private/var/spool/cups/tmp/

I can’t answer your question but I can show you a forum entry with the same problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines