Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can not print says security access doesn't allow

Jul 10, 2017 Jul 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I'm trying to print a coupon off of a website i go to click on print in adobe acrobat reader and it has a java script warning pop up saying security settings prevent access to this property or method. How do I get the coupon to download and print?  Thank you for your help

TOPICS
Print and prepress

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 10, 2017 Jul 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Moved here from Adobe RoboHelp forum.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 25, 2017 Jul 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Emrose,

Sorry for the delay in response.

Are you still facing this issue? Assuming you are trying to print coupons from SmartSource.com, try changing following setting in Reader and see if that resolves the issue:

Launch Reader>click Edit>Preferences>JavaScript>JavaScript Security>check the box which says Enable menu items JavaScript execution privileges>click OK and try again.

You may also refer to this link discussing this issue: Network Error: Printing was interrupted. Please try again.NotAllowedError: Security settings prevent...

Would it be possible if you can share the screenshot of the screen when you are getting this error? You may refer to the steps given in the following link on how to do that: https://forums.adobe.com/docs/DOC-7043#jive_content_id_How_do_I_attach_a_screenshot

Awaiting your response.

Shivam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 04, 2023 Oct 04, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This worked. I don't know how it got turned off. I was able to print my coupons.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 27, 2022 Jun 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've figured it out. After launching Adobe Acrobat Reader DC, click on your profile picture in the top right of the window, then select preferences from that drop-down menu. From there, select security (enhanced) and uncheck the box that says "Enable Enhanced Security" next to it, the press the ok button at the bottom right of the window to save it. This'll now (most likely) allow you to print out your file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines