Can radio buttons change text background colors when activated?

New Here ,
Aug 15, 2022 Aug 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am new to creating forms (definitely have never scripted). I have a form that has three radio buttons, and I would like the text background for the entire document to change color depending on which radio button is selected. Is there a way to do this? If button a is selected, I'd like all background colors to change to yellow, if b then green, if c then blue. My colleague was able to do this in excel, however, a pdf form is definitely our ideal choice. 

TOPICS
Create PDFs , How to , PDF forms

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Use layers with the different colors.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here is an article on scripting layers in PDF. There are now easier ways to add layers to a PDF than the one described in the article, but the scripting and layer property requirements are the same. 

https://acrobatusers.com/tutorials/create_use_layers/

Thom Parker - Software Developer at PDFScripting
Use the Acrobat JavaScript Reference early and often

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 17, 2022 Aug 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you. The layers were actually very easy, and I am now working on the scripting piece to attach the layers to radio buttons. I found an old script and am trying to edit it to fit. JavaScript is new to me, but seems to be relatively easy if you know the commands.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Make content for your business needs with Adobe Express.

Get started easily with free templates: