• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't add image to pdf

Community Beginner ,
Jun 18, 2019 Jun 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have recently switched from NitroPDF to Adobe Acrobat DC and I'm starting to question why. So much more difficult than Nitro and Soda PDF, and more expensive!

I am trying to add an image to pdf, using the Add Image>Select>open method, to which Adobe responds with a box that says "opening image file as Adobe pdf" (God only knows why !)

I then get an error box - "Unknown error" and it then says "the selected image could not be converted and placed in the document"

I have tried this with .jpg and .png images

Why is this not working?

TOPICS
Edit and convert PDFs

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Jun 24, 2019 Jun 24, 2019

So after more than 6 hours and 3 different people at Adobe tech support taking over my computer and trying everything - it turns out the only answer they can give me is that I have to "run as administrator" every time I want to edit a document

Everything else they tried didn't work. So, it's painful and tedious, but at least it works

Nowhere near as simple as other programs. I can't just double click to open a doc when in administrator mode, it has to be opened from within Adobe. But it works at l

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,
Feb 18, 2021 Feb 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Confirmed fix. Adobe best pay attention to this and resolve ASAP. 

We're using this in an enterprise environment and encountered the issue after having to force our users to upgrade from Acrobat 2015 to Acrobat DC Subscription due to licensing limitations.

They were not best pleased that their new purchase was faulty.

I took the API file from the 2017 release, seems to be the same size.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 18, 2021 Feb 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for sharing that. I remember a similar issue like this was fixed last year. It was related to the weblink plugin.

In the older version of 2015 users were able to use this tool to generate a weblink in the document but users that were upgrading to DC had issues.

It was later addressed via updates for MS Windows. I am not sure if it was later addressed in MacOS though.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 02, 2021 Mar 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't have that file lying around from DC2015.

How can I test if this is what's causing my problem?

Are there not enough people being affected that Adobe can't assign enough resources to fix it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 26, 2022 Jan 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I found an api that worked for me, specifically 15.6.30279.211677 (google it, I found it on pconlife)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having this issue now. 

Tried the folder permissions thing,

tried the synchronize thing

My twist to this problem:

I uninstalled all the Adobe desktop apps

reinstalled

IT WORKS !!!!!!!   - into my test PDF, inserted one JPEG and one PNG

2nd try - oh ... it stopped working.  After one single use.

Thiis has happened 2 times now (

1. uninstall, install, WORKS !!! .... oh, wait ... 2nd attempt, 3rd attempt ... no, not working

2. uninstall, install, WORKS !!! .... oh, wait ...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is this happening even after applying the last optional uodate that was released around the 25th February?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 03, 2021 Mar 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't know when this started but this sounds around the right time frame. 

Mine and one other machine at the same location stopped being able to upload documents to the adobe sign app around 25th

and I just noticed this add an image failure 2 days ago.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

One machine at work stopped the Adobe Sign uploads around a month ago, but a support call fixed the issue.

That problem resolved after using the adobe cleaner tool.

I intend to try that tomorrow when I'm at the office. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

sorry for the multiple addendums ... 

same thing happened with the adobe sign uploads - it works one time after the installation, then stops. 

It freezes at the upload stage with the progress circle spinning.  The window will not close from the standard close "X" - 

if I want it closed I must use task manager or procexp. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 14, 2021 Mar 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

as of March 14 both "add an image"

and Adobe Sign are working, have been for ~4 days. 

Seems that an automatic update around 5 days ago fixed the issue. 

Whatever was happening,  some "fix" or other would make the software

"work" for a couple of hours and then the same issues re-asserted themselves. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 14, 2021 Mar 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you suspect this could be a bug please use this form to route this concern through the appropriate Adobe support channel:

https://www.adobe.com/products/wishform.html

I would also suggest to go online and sign in with your AdobeID account at:

https://account.adobe.com/support

and open a support ticket directly with Adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 26, 2021 Jun 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, i encountered the same problem - solved it by simply copy pasting . No admin rights required

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 14, 2021 Sep 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're a god.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 17, 2021 Nov 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have also had this same issue. Neve had a problem with image inserts/replace.  I learned that the copy/paste way is the only way to get this to work.  But it does me no good as I need it to have a transparent background (png).

I hope @ls_rbls  that Adobe fixes this as none of the above mentioned workarounds have worked for me. And I'm on a company owned license for the full creative cloud.  We pay a lot for these subscriptions and it's really slowing up our productivity on the side of editing apps and flyers.  Thanks for any help with getting this message to them. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 24, 2021 Dec 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the same problems for years. I kept getting an error whenever I tried to insert an image or convert an image to pdf. However, yesterday I decided to install Acrobat Pro on a virtual computer with the same version of W10 but with no other programs installed. And lo and behold, these two features work fine. So there must be a conflict somewhere with another program. I will try to track it down.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 24, 2021 Dec 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the same problems for years. I kept getting an error whenever I tried to insert an image or convert an image to pdf. However, yesterday I decided to install Acrobat Pro on a virtual computer with the same version of W10 but with no other programs installed. And lo and behold, these two features work fine. So there must be a conflict somewhere with another program....

Update:

I disinstalled Nuance pdf converter, and the features in Acrobat Pro are now working on my PC. So I suggest you remove all other pdf-related software on your computer. Version  2021.007.20102 now works fine on my PC.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 07, 2023 Sep 07, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Add Image To PDF in Adobe Reader
https://youtu.be/JohNyc_nyL8

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines