• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't advance fields using the TAB character

New Here ,
Dec 18, 2022 Dec 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am trying to fill PDF by pasting a long tab-delimited string into the first field of my PDF.  I was thinking that at each TAB character the insert point would advance to the next field and so on and so on filling all the fields.  What happens instead is all of the text is inserted in the first field separated by spaces. Do PDFs not treat the TAB character the same as the TAB key? Is there another ASCII character than can be used to advance to the next fillable field in a PDF?

Inquiring minds want to know!

Thanks,

Jeff

TOPICS
PDF forms

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 19, 2022 Dec 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

> Do PDFs not treat the TAB character the same as the TAB key?

- No. They treat it as a part of the text, which it is.

> Is there another ASCII character than can be used to advance to the next fillable field in a PDF?

- No.

If you want to import data into multiple fields you should use the Import Data command (under Tools - Prepare Form - More). This will allow you to select a tab-delimited file, then a row from that file, and then it will import the data from that row to the matching fields (the field names have to appear in the first row of the file, of course).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines