• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't beleive they won't help me.

Community Beginner ,
Apr 26, 2024 Apr 26, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have an old verison of Adobe Professional, and I got a new desktop, 4 months ago.  Adobe helped me move the software from my laptop to the new desktop... but never mentioned I needed to deactivate the laptop copy.  Dell tech support messed up the desktop and finally needed to RESET the whole thing, and in turn I lost my sotware.  The Dell person said go to my acount and download it.. so I did.  BUT since it was loaded on the desktop, and not deactivated it wouldn't allow me to use the software.  I chatted.. and found out I needed to deactivate the laptop.. which I did.. and the system says I still have 2 activations.  I contacted Adobe support, went over this for hours, and they now say I have one activation, BUT I can't use it since the product is no longer supported.  I volunteer for a Cancer Reseach organization, for 18 years, and I don't get paid... I'm being told to re-purchase the software, and was given a deal.. of half off on a monthly subscription.  I can't do that and I don't think I should have to since I purchased a lifetime use.  

You'd think that they would help me re-load what was on this computer a few days ago..... I'm not asking for new software, or better software.. just what I had.. For a world wide organization, you'd think they would help out a person who raises funds for cancer research, and doesn't get paid.  By the way I'm 77 and on Socail security.. do you think $120/year fits into that budget.  

Your thoughts??? 

TOPICS
Create PDFs , Edit and convert PDFs , Install update and subscribe to Acrobat , PDF , PDF forms

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 26, 2024 Apr 26, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @BRLIPNER 

Hope you are doing well and thanks for reaching out.

I have checked the Adobe account with the email you are using on this community and found that you have registered a license product for Acrobat X.

Please follow the steps below and see if that works:

1. Sign in at https://account.adobe.com/products using your Adobe ID and the password

2. In Registered products, note the serial number for your app and click on the download button next to the product as shown below:

Amal_0-1714172677803.png

Kindly note that: Acrobat X is an EOL application and no longer supported on the latest Mac and Windows OS, The application may or may not work. https://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/kb/end-of-support-acrobat-x-reader-x.html

Hope it will help.

~Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 28, 2024 Apr 28, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am told that I have an available activation.. since my orginal laptop was deactivated.. and the desktop I'm working on to reload is the desktop the software was on before Dell needed to burn the 4 month old desktop down due to their error.  When I try to activate Adobe system says I used 2 activations but one was deactivated.. the laptop-- and the 2nd is the desktop I'm trying to reload.  I work for a Cancer Fundrasing organization.. (THEPAPCORPS.ORG) and can't effort to pay again.. Is there someone who handles such issues. I KNOW THIS IS OLD SOFTWARE.. BUT IT'S ALL I CAN AFFORD.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm sorry for your situation, but I doubt that there is a solution for your problem. The question is more for what you need Acrobat. There may be a possibility to work with the free Acrobat Reader instead?

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@BRLIPNER 

can you access either of the computers that had acrobat activated?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I deactivated the original laptop software. Received verification..and Adobe supervisor said on his end it showed only 1 verification… BUT THE ERROR when i tried to load shows 2….so it doesn’t match.
Sent from Bonnie’s iPhone

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

is there any other activated device available?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you deactivate both of them and rein out the serial numbers?

https://helpx.adobe.com/download-install/kb/activate-deactivate-products.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 06, 2024 May 06, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Both have now been deactivated.. What does "rein out" mean and how do i do this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry! Dumb autocorrect! I meant "re-enter" the serial numbers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

there's nothing else that can be done. ie, the only way to add an activation is to directly use an actived device.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines