Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't download acrobat, error code 126

New Here ,
Jan 17, 2023 Jan 17, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i've been having this problem for months and i still can't solve it

a while back i deleted acrobat because of another error and i tried to download it again and each time it said (The download appears corrupted. Please try to download again. Error Code: 126)

How can i solve this??

TOPICS
Crash or freeze , General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Feb 09, 2023 Feb 09, 2023

Hi @Bug_nug556 

Hope you are doing well and sorry to hear that.

Error code 126 indicates that one of the installation files is damaged.

please run the Acrobat cleaner tool https://www.adobe.com/devnet-docs/acrobatetk/tools/Labs/cleaner.html , reboot the computer once and reinstall the application using the direct link
https://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/kb/acrobat-dc-downloads.html   and see if that works for you.

Let us know if you experience any trouble and need more help.

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 09, 2023 Feb 09, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Bug_nug556 

Hope you are doing well and sorry to hear that.

Error code 126 indicates that one of the installation files is damaged.

please run the Acrobat cleaner tool https://www.adobe.com/devnet-docs/acrobatetk/tools/Labs/cleaner.html , reboot the computer once and reinstall the application using the direct link
https://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/kb/acrobat-dc-downloads.html   and see if that works for you.

Let us know if you experience any trouble and need more help.

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 11, 2023 Dec 11, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Downloading and installing from the link suggested by Amal worked for me. After signing out from Creative Cloud and signing in again Acrobat appeard in my subscripcion. Great solution!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 09, 2023 Feb 09, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Adding to Amal's valuable guidance, I can't tell from your screenshot in which operating system and version are you getting Error Code: 126.

As mentioned by @Amal. that errors usually indicated an damaged installation file, but in addition also the wrong library that the installer program is requesting at installation time.

Also, both Microsoft Windows and macOS may throw these errors if the installation service doesn't find a suitable directory to load the installed modules from.

In the case of Microsoft Windows, the Windows Modules Installer Service triggers that error, in which case forcing a Windows update may clear the issue.

If the problem happens again after the Windows update,  you can troubleshoot the Modules Installer Service by stopping it  and restart it followed by a reboot.

I would suggest that you perform the suggestions above before you execute any installer version of the Adobe Acrobat installer program.

If that doesn't work, then escalate the troubleshooting to the next steps as suggested by Microsoft Support:

If you are on a macOS system, try forcing and update of the operating system as suggested in this older thread:

In any case (Windows or macOS), you should perform the installation with Administrator privileges or  with the system's built-in Administrator account.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines