• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

can't edit or convert

New Here ,
Aug 02, 2021 Aug 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a licence through my workplace so that I should be able to edit and convert pdfs (and have been successfully doing that for ages). Recently Adobe has being giving me error notices. First it wouldn't let me sign in... I reinstalled acrobat so that I could at least open a pdf. That works. Now it won't let me edit. I updated my laptop software (windows 10) and it still wopn't work. I am wasting so much time on this. Any help appreciated.

TOPICS
Edit and convert PDFs

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 02, 2021 Aug 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The one thing that pops up in my brain is that you inadvertently downloaded Adobe Reader not Acrobat or Acrobat Pro.

Can you verify which version of Acrobat you downloaded?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 16, 2021 Aug 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have downloaded Acrobat DC. I can now open and read pdf documents but I cannot save a word file as a pdf like I used to.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 16, 2021 Aug 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Milch,

If you are on a PC, you have three options: Acrobat Reader, Acrobat Standard and Acrobat Pro. 

If you are on a Mac you have two options: Acrobat Reader and Acrobat Pro.

In either case, Acrobat Reader will not do what you want, you need either Acrobat Standard or Acrobat Pro. And both of them will cost you some money. If you are using Acrobat Reader, which is free, will not do what you want it to do

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 17, 2021 Aug 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

They are all called Acrobat DC. You need to tell us the actual product you have. "Adobe Acrobat DC" or "Acrobat DC" doesn't tell us enough.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 17, 2021 Aug 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Miich,

Thank you for reaching out and sorry for the trouble.

Please ensure that you have installed Adobe Acrobat Pro DC, not the Adobe Acrobat Reader DC. The application name displays at the top of the application window. 

Could you please let us know what happens when you try to edit the PDF or try to save the word file to PDF?

If you receive any error messages, share the screenshot with us.

Share the application version installed on the machine.

Let us know if you need any help.

Thanks,

Meenakshi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines