• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't edit text anywhere in Acrobat

New Here ,
Aug 26, 2022 Aug 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This suddently started 2 days ago for no reason that I can determine.  I can no longer Edit or Add Text anywhere in Acrobat.  I can select a text box or add a new text box, but when I type, nothing happens.  No letters (or numbers, or special characters) appear.   This behavior occurs when using "Edit PDF / Edit",  "Edit PDF / Add Text",    "Fill & Sign /  |ab" (insert text) and  "Comment / T" (insert text comment).   

This is happening when I use Adobe Acrobat Pro DC (32-bit) Continuous Release Version 2022.002.20191.  I am running a PC with Windows 10 installed.    I can add images or watermarks with no problem.  I can create pdf's out of excel documents or word.  I can combine files, rotate them, sign them,  do all sorts of things.  I just can do anything that involves text.  

I have tried everything I can think of to resolve this:  

1) Editing different documents.  Some created as images, others with clearly defined text boxes. 

2) Creating a Blank Page using "Create Pdf". 

3) Exiting Acrobat and re-entering

4) Signing out of my Adobe account and back in 

5) Closing every other app on my computer and retrying all of the above. 

6) Rebooting my computer and retrying 1 through 4 above. 

7) Using the "Check for Updates" menu item under the "Help" menu item.  It said no updates available

8) Using the "Repair Installation" menu item under the "Help" menu item.   Took forever and ended with no feedback at all.  

None of this helps.  The only thing that I can do is use a different computer.  That is a PITA and unacceptable.   The only other clue I have is that I occasionally get an error message that says "No Dictionaries were found, Your installation might be corrupted."  Oddly, that happened on BOTH computers, the one that's hosed and the one that still works.  

Do I need to uninstall and reinstall Acrobat?  Anything else I can try short of that?    

TOPICS
Edit and convert PDFs , General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 01, 2022 Sep 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @al25813898ynhx 

We are sorry for the delayed response. As you have already tried most of the troubleshooting steps with no luck, please try to reset the Acrobat preferences as described here https://community.adobe.com/t5/acrobat-discussions/how-to-reset-acrobat-preference-settings-to-defau... and see if that works.

You may also try to create a new test user profile with full admin rights in Windows and try using the application there and check.

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I already re-installed Acrobat from scratch.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines