Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't Figure Out How to Change Font in Form Fields

New Here ,
May 27, 2020 May 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, 

I may be a blooming fool here, but here goes...

A friend gave me a copy of an editable contact list. Perfect! There are fillable fields for name, address, etc.

I can't stand Helevetica font. So, I wrote the name, highlighted, right-clicked, and there's really no option to change font type - just options for bold, italic, etc. I tried clicking "Edit PDF" as well. When I click "Edit PDF" and fill out the field, the text formatting option remains grayed out, even if I highlight the text.

I tried editing through "Prepare Form." I wrote text in the field, then right-clicked on the field to view properties. I can change the font type from there, but it doesn't change the text I've already written. I have to go back and change the font type in the form field before my text appears with the correct font.

How can I change the font type/size of text within a form field? Is it impossible to apply changes in font to text already written in the field, or am I a dunce?

How can I apply the font type/size changes to the entire document, and not just one field?

Is there anyway the contact information can be edited through the Edit PDF function?

EDIT PDF - CONTACT LIST.jpg

TOPICS
Create PDFs , Edit and convert PDFs , PDF forms

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why does you use Edit PDF when you fill form fields?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Go to Tools - Prepare Form, then right-click the field, select Properties, Appearance and you'll be able to change it there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 11, 2021 Aug 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I'm having a similar issue on a fillable form I've created, but when I'm in the form and I right click and slect Properties nothing happens. I was able to do this yesterday when I first started making the form, but I saved and closed it to continue working today, and now I can't view the properties (I'm want to center the text within the field).

Any assistance would be awesome!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you in Prepare Form mode? What's your version of Acrobat, and OS version?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your reply, I was actually able to fix by reinstalling Acrobat!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 12, 2024 Mar 12, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is exactly the issue I am having. Sadly, reinstalling didn’t help me. Is this OS dependant? I am using mac M1 Sonoma 14.4. Help appreciated to track this down. Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 12, 2024 Mar 12, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I should have been clearer.
Adobe Pro 2020 OS Mac Sonoma 14.4.
I am editing a form and all the text boxes font are in Times New Roman. Fonts of form fields are fine to edit. When I try to highlight to edit any of the text character(s), the font changes to Helvetica and I can't change it back. This is also the same when i try Arial of any font. I used to be able to change the text format but that is no longer the case. Is this correct. Any help appreciated. Thank you    

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 13, 2024 Mar 13, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

any solutions for this error please?

The original font times new roman is not available or can't be used in editing adobe acrobat is using the font Helvetica in its place.

can i just copy a font file to the adobe pro folder? where can i find this folder on a Mac book?

thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 14, 2024 Mar 14, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can't install fonts in Acrobat. Install them on your system and Acrobat will pick them up from there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your advice and taking the time to reply.

I have since discovered you are correct. I reinstalled MS Word and added the Times New Roman font in Font Book  to the PDF folder. The files validates ok. But I still cannot change font from Helvetica to any other font in the PDF folder. So fustrating.

I have since found out that there is an issue with mac OS M1 Sonoma 14.4 and Adobe Pro 2020 which Adobe acknowledge but not trying to fix or provide a work around. I will now install Adobe Pro onto a mac running Catalina 10.15 to prove the point. I will report back to keep this thread updated.       

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Final update:

Success, I installed Adobe Pro 2020 onto a mac running Catalina 10.15 and the same file works fine with all fonts. NO issues.

This is a problem with Adobe running on macOS M1 Sonoma 14.4.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's pretty confusing; there are many kinds of things in a PDF, each needing a different editor.

Page contents - use Edit

Form fields - use Prepare form

Comments/annotations - use Comments

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines