• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't load "Black Ink - CMYK profile" in the color converter

Participant ,
Sep 10, 2022 Sep 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Some people suggest converting to CMYK Black as a more accurate alternative to using the Dot Gain % profiles.

They suggest doing this in Photoshop by loading the black ink of the CMYK profile required by the printer (for example: "Black Ink - FOGRA XY"). But is this kind of conversion possible in Acrobat's color converter (Print Production > Convert Color)?

This is what I tried: in Photoshop, I went to Color Settings and I loaded the Black Ink (Load Gray), I saved it as ICC (Save Gray) and I installed it. But it does not appear in Acrobat's color converter. Is there a way to load it there?

I found another way to do this conversion in Acrobat, that is: Print Production > Edit Object > Select All > Properties > Convert. It works, but it would be better if I could do this in Print Production > Convert Color. Its tidier to work that way and it gives more control.

I can get the same results by converting to CMYK with these options turned on: Preserve Black and Promote Gray to CMYK Black. But after the conversion, the content will not be identified as Gray anymore, but as CMYK, even though it will use the black plate only (C=0, M=0, Y=0). This might create confusion in the future, so it might not be a good idea.

Thanks

TOPICS
Edit and convert PDFs

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Sep 10, 2022 Sep 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I think that I found a solution (correct me if I'm doing something wrong).

I went to Print Production > Preflight and under Select single fixups I found options for converting color. I choosed one of them (B/W), then I clicked Options > Duplicate Preflight Fixup and then I edited it.

Under Destination I was able to choose "Black Ink - the required CMYK profile". I edited the rest of the settings according to my needs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines