• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't move or rearrange thumbnail pages in Acrobat Pro 11

Explorer ,
Mar 21, 2016 Mar 21, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using Acrobat Pro 11 with Windows 10 Pro.  For some reason, the thumbnail pages will not move or rearrange when I click on any or multiple thumbnail pages. Now, I cannot rearrange or move the thumbnail pages into different locations or sequences. If anyone has had this problem and found a solution, I would appreciate knowing how you did it.

TOPICS
Edit and convert PDFs

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Feb 10, 2017 Feb 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have no idea if any of you have figured out your situations yet, but early in the thread, someone said to "make sure you can see the whole page" (or words to that effect. I was zoomed in on both my pages (I was trying to move pages between PDFs). I zoomed out so I could see both complete pages, and voila, my drag-and-drop was back in business.  Maybe some of you have more complex problems as regards this, but that was a great, short answer that exactly fixed my situation, so thanks -- way back there somewhere!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 18, 2016 Oct 18, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

SOLVED (for me). I have had the same issue intermittently. Found out that it occurs when I have Preview pane open on windows explorer. Once the document is shown in the Preview pane, then I needed to close Windows file explorer and the PDF document in order to make changes (like move the thumbnails or drag and drop thumbnails from other PDF documents). I have found the preview pane on Windows and Acrobat don't always play nice so I now turn the Preview pane off. (I'm Running Windows 10 and have the most up to date Acrobat XI).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 16, 2017 Aug 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Clipboard01ddddddddddddddddddddddddd.jpg

Highlight that one.  If it is on the one to the left, I can't move thumbnails to re-arrange them.

Steve Jamison

(I found out by accident)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Feb 15, 2018 Feb 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And to all on this thread - same problem with Mac OS High Sierra and Adobe Acrobat Pro at CC. Feb 2018.

Same problem - couldn't reorder by dragging thumbnails.

SOLVED - simply by zooming out to reveal whole page.

Strange behaviour I thought!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 13, 2018 Mar 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This issue has started as of last week for my entire company. Some of us are on XI some of are on DC.

No setting suggestion for settings changes on the web has fixed this issue. It is a bug.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you try all the instructions from this thread?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We are not new to ADOBE. We've been using it for years. Nothing has changed in our settings. Nothing on the interweb that I have found (so far), including this thread, has fixed the issue.

This is a brand new bug introduced sometime last week. It could possibly be a security issue, issue with a windows update. However, every user that I work with has this issue now.

No matter what, no one can drag a thumbnail and rearrange the pages. We cannot drag thumbnails between acrobat docs anymore either. The only way to add a page (thumbnail) is by selecting the insert page option.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have not read the complete thread, so I don't know if this suggestion has

popped up in this instance. Excuse, please, if I am suggesting something

you have already tried.

When I had this issue, I found that once I changed my view of the actual

page to 100% -- that is, when I was able to see the complete document page

all at one time in the main window, manipulating the thumbnails became

possible. As long as I was zoomed in and seeing only a partial page, I

could not move the thumbnails. If you haven't tried this, do try. Perhaps

it will work for you.

C. Sinclaire

On Tue, Mar 13, 2018 at 12:31 PM, scasale0518 <forums_noreply@adobe.com>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nope that's the most common way to use the software already. This is a bug and it's likely caused by its interface with the OS.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines