• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't move text, check, dropdown boxes. Please help.

New Here ,
Jan 29, 2023 Jan 29, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Acrobat DC - I can't move check, text, dropdown boxes with my mouse. I can only move them by changing the left, right, top & bottom positions in the properties menu. Can someone help? I think I've turned something off, and I can't figure out what it is.

TOPICS
Create PDFs , General troubleshooting , PDF forms

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Make sure the Locked check-box is not ticked under the fields' Properties.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's not selected.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What happens, exactly, when you drag a field? Also, what's the exact version number of the application (You can find it out by going to Help - About Adobe Acrobat)? What's your OS version?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 30, 2023 Jan 30, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It wasn't working, but when I closed Acrobat and opened it back up, it started working again. Thank you for your help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 21, 2023 Aug 21, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

i have this same issue but under create a web form through the web.  it will  no longer let me move a field with the mouse. makes me use the arrow keys.    i do not have a Fields Properties section 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines