Can't replace a pdf page with an Illustrator file

New Here ,
Aug 31, 2022 Aug 31, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When trying to organize a pdf and replacing it with an Illustrator file, the Illustrator file is grayed out and cannot be selected. This is a new problem that just started when I switched out my old Mad for a new Mac Mini.

TOPICS
Create PDFs , Edit and convert PDFs , PDF forms

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Aarono,

Have you given permission for Illustrator to access that file? Where is it located?

When people have issues like this, my first thought is the whole issue of permissions on the Mac OS. Even if you had set them before,  you might have to do that again with your new Mac.

The following instructions are for Bridge, but the same rules apply. If this is not the issue, let us know, but it's always a good place to start with the little bit of information you've supplied us.

This is not the fault of Adobe or anyone; this is Apple making sure that applications that have not been given permission to access areas of your computer cannot access those areas of your computer.

Go to your System Preferences and select Security and Privacy (found in the top section). Now click on the Privacy setting (last tab). Now click on the lock on the bottom left and provide your Administrator code. Now select the Full Disk Access option and click on the "+" symbol. This will bring up the standard Mac Open window and let you add any application you want or need to have full access. Look for Bridge, select it; it will now appear in that window, and make sure it's checked. Next, go to the Files and Folders option and do the same thing as above (although there's nothing to check, just add. Close everything down and see if that makes it all work.

Please let me know

[Note: these images are from an older OS, the process is the same.]

gary_sc_0-1661962311807.png

gary_sc_1-1661962311807.png

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Unfortunatly that didn't work.

I've updated Acrobat to the latest version.

Let me give you a run down of what I'm doing.

I open a pdf in Acrobat, then select organize pages. I then select replace in the menu bar which brings up another window where I can select files to replace the current page. Previously, I could select an .ai file but now they're all grayed out (btw all pdf files are still available).

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Replace the .ai suffix by the .pdf suffix.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines