• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't seem to use Save As anymore on Acrobat Pro DC with Mac OS X 11.3.1

New Here ,
May 16, 2021 May 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Been using Acrobat Pro DC with no issue for several years. Lately, every time I open a file and then try the Save As command it fails with the error "

There was an error while reading a stream." This error occurs despite the fact that the file open with no issue and I can migrate top to bottom, edit, etc. It just won't seem to save as. If I try saving multiple times to different locations and filenames I can sometimes make it work but generally it fails most times. The only foolproof method of overcoming the failure it to compress the file instead of Save As. I am running Mac OS X Big Sur Ver 11.3.1 and the issue has been present for the last several OS upgrades. Appreciate any recommendations to fix this.

Moved from Using the Community (which is about the forums) to the correct forum... Mod
To ask in the forum for your program please start at https://community.adobe.com/

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 16, 2021 May 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

Hope you are doing well and sorry for the trouble. As described you are getting the error while reading the stream on saving the PDF

- Is this a behavior with a particular PDF file or with all the PDFs? Please try with a different PDF file and check.

- What is the version of the Adobe Acrobat DC you are using? To check the version go to Help > About Acrobat and make sure you have the latest version installed. Go to Help > Check for Updates and reboot the computer once.

If it still doesn't work please check for any missing update for your OS and try updating it and see if that helps.

Also please try to create a new test user profile or enable the root account in Mac an try using the application there and check .

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 24, 2021 May 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Happens on multiple files and not 100% consistently on each file. But the problem happens frequently during a session trying to save files to a different file name after importing from my scanner.  I have auto updates on for Acrobat and I am currently running 

Adobe Acrobat Pro DC

Continuous Release | Version 2021.001.20155

Architecture: x86_64

Build: 21.1.20155.433178

AGM: 4.30.106

CoolType: 5.14.5

JP2K: 1.2.3.48698

I also have auto update on for Mac OS X and as I indicated I am on current version (and have not missed updates).

I'm sorry I don't follow your suggestion of creating the test user. Can you be a little more specific and explain what you are trying to isolate with that? This issue occurs regularly but is somewhat transient. Some times Save As works, some times it doesn't. On the same files and on multiple files. The only sure fire workaround (as I said) is to not use Save As but Compress.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 24, 2021 May 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Also forgot to mention, the machine has been rebooted as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines