• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't type in fillable form

Community Beginner ,
Apr 17, 2024 Apr 17, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How can i get rid of this blue box it doesnt let me type.Screenshot 2024-04-17 190957.png

TOPICS
PDF

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 17, 2024 Apr 17, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In Acrobat, under the Edit menu choose Preferences. Click on Forms in the left column. Remove the checkmark from Show border hover color for fields.

image.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 18, 2024 Apr 18, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This does not fix the problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Evelina5C80,

Thank you for reaching out and reporting this issue.

Please check and let us know if the issue occurs with all the PDFs. Let us know what happens when you try to type in the form fields. Did you start experiencing this behavior after the recent update? 

It would be helpful if you could share the PDF form with the issue and the screen recording of the steps you take to fill out the form. Also, share the Acrobat and OS versions currently in use.

Thanks,

Meenakshi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This problem is happening with all my Acrobat files!  It just started. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had to uninstall adobe and redownload it in order for it to work normally again, because it was happening to all of my pdfs as well. I lost 3 hours of work time because of this horrendous "latest" update they rolled out last night. Trash. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 09, 2024 Jun 09, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Evelina5C80,

Thank you for reaching out and reporting this issue.

Please check if the problem occurs with all PDFs and describe what happens when you type in the form fields. Did this behavior start after the recent update? Sharing the problematic PDF form and a screen recording of your steps would be very helpful  website. Additionally, please provide the current Acrobat and OS versions you are using.

Thanks,
Meenakshi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same issue and I was not having this issue yesterday. Very frustrating and setting my productivity back. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same freaking problem!!!!  I can edit for just a second then the field turns blue and I can't edit anymore.  Come on Adobe!  What did you do? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've uninstalled and reinstalled Acrobat, but it still doesn't work.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Shoot, that wss the only thing that worked for me. I uninstalled just the acrobat and then went to adobe cloud and had to wait forever for it to redownload. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem here - started yesterday 18.4.24 (Australia) & now has occured on another computer 19.4.24  - something has changed - please advise ASAP how to fix.   Document properties all show ' Allowed'

Heather36838107tyyh_0-1713483389326.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did this and it worked.  I couldn't care less that it's the older layout.  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YvJtKiMVz8M

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was able to revert back to the old interface and it fixed the problem but it's in the old layout.  I don't care.  I just needed it to WORK.  Here's a link to a video that explains how to revert back to the old version.  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YvJtKiMVz8M

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Kirk B  - I'm with you, dont care if it looks like the older layout as long as it works.  Come on Adobe, we pay for this program and there is obviously something happening - its the general public that are solving your problems.  I haven't seen Adobe offering any advise how to fix !?!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's frustrating. It's so obvious that there's a problem with their last update.  Many of us rely on these products to earn a living.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All,

Thank you for sharing the information. It has been reported to the team, and they are looking into this.

We will update you once we have more information from the team. We appreciate your patience.

Thanks,

Meenakshi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 19, 2024 Apr 19, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I came back to work this morning and IT IS DOING THE SAME THING!!! This is rediculous!!!! I am so set back and uninstalling and reinstalling only fixed it for a short time YESTERDAY!!! I am livid!!!! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Elisabeth35257707zjom_0-1713535017636.png

I hope this shows up... I have lost so much work time trying to fix this problem because i used acrobate for almost everything in my line of work.  I logged in online and went to my settings and i unchecked "DISABLE FORM FIELD DETECTION" - then opened my acorbat app on my computer and the horrendous blue boxes are not there and I am able to fill my forms in finally. I'm afraid this won't last because of all the drama this recent update created and I feel like I'll junx myself. But, it's working now!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Or revert Acrobat to the prior version. This whole thing sucks. Saying
they rolled out the version too soon is an understatement.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Has anyone figured out a real solution to this?  This is absolutely HORRIBLE and makes just editing or copy/pasting from a pdf a nightmare.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Revert to prior version. See the link I posted in another reply.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 22, 2024 Apr 22, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To resolve the issue with the blue box hindering typing in GB WhatsApp Pro, try adjusting the app settings. Look for options related to input or chat settings. You may need to disable or modify a feature causing this interference. If the problem persists, consider reinstalling the app or checking for updates to ensure compatibility with your device's operating system.https://goldwhatsappapk.com/ 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 02, 2024 May 02, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All,

Thank you for your patience so far.

The issue has been resolved. Please reboot the machine and then relaunch Acrobat.

Then wait for some time and try again to fill the forms. 

Let us know how it goes.

Thanks,

Meenakshi

Marking a reply or response “Correct” will help future users with the same issue quickly identify the correct answer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines