• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can you hard crop a PDF and make it final?

Explorer ,
Mar 20, 2024 Mar 20, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know how to crop a PDF in Acrobat, but its more of a soft crop meaning you can undo the crop later if you wanted.

My issue is that I have some websites I regularly upload print ready PDFs to that verify the PDF size.  They always see the PDF at its actual size and not the cropped size.  The only way I can find to get around this is to drop the PDF into InDesign and make a new PDF at the size I need.  This just takes a lot of extra time and files.  Can the PDF be cropped in Acrobat in a way so its final and considered the new actual size of it?

TOPICS
Edit and convert PDFs , General troubleshooting , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Vico Drive 

Hope you are doing well and thanks for reaching out.

Please go through the section, Create and use a custom page size in the help page: https://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/using/using-pdf-printer.html and see if that works for you.

Let us know if you are referring to something else.

~Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

That would probably work, it creates a second PDF file which is pretty much what I do already with dropping the orignal PDF in InDesign.  Is there a way to just keep it to the original file, changing its properties to be the new cropped size?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines