• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Cannot add comment in new version of Acrobat on Mac

New Here ,
Sep 08, 2023 Sep 08, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I use the tool to add a comment, the comment is added but unable to type any text into the comment box. Need help. I've been adding comments to Acrobat for over a decade and all of a sudden it is unusable. 

Screen Shot 2023-09-08 at 10.41.37 AM.png

TOPICS
General troubleshooting , Modern Acrobat

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Sep 10, 2023 Sep 10, 2023

Hi @Stephen32160978uwf2 

I hope you are doing well, and thanks for reaching out.

Are you experiencing this issue with all your PDFs, or is it specific to one PDF? It might be helpful to try restarting both the application and your computer to see if that resolves the problem.

Could you also please provide the current Acrobat version installed on your system? Additionally, could you let me know if you are using a Mac or Windows machine, and if possible, specify your version?

As a troublesho

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 10, 2023 Sep 10, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Stephen32160978uwf2 

I hope you are doing well, and thanks for reaching out.

Are you experiencing this issue with all your PDFs, or is it specific to one PDF? It might be helpful to try restarting both the application and your computer to see if that resolves the problem.

Could you also please provide the current Acrobat version installed on your system? Additionally, could you let me know if you are using a Mac or Windows machine, and if possible, specify your version?

As a troubleshooting step, please consider disabling Protected Mode by navigating to Menu > Preferences > Security (Enhanced) and unchecking the 'Enable Protected Mode at startup' option. After testing this step, please re-enable Protected Mode for security reasons.

We're here to assist you, and any additional information you can provide will help us better address your issue.

Thanks,

Anand Sri.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 09, 2023 Dec 09, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having this same issue. It is happening with all PDFs, not just a specific PDF. I have restarted the application and my computer and the issue was not resolved. Additionally, this very same issue is happening on my work computer, as well as my home office computer. Both are Mac Mini computers (Apple M2, MacOS Sonoma 14.1.2) and both are running the same version of Adobe Acrobat Pro (Continuous Release, Version 2023.006.20380).

I tried your suggested troubleshooting of disabling Protected Mode, but Protecte Mode does not exist in this verson (see image below). 

Screenshot 2023-12-09 at 8.33.49 AM.png

I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 05, 2024 Mar 05, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having this exact same issue on both my Mac laptop and desktop. Both have the most up to date version of Acrobat and have been restarted recently. Seems to be a bug.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 30, 2024 May 30, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Same here 😕

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines