Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Cannot delete pages with Acrobat Pro DC

Aug 31, 2015 Aug 31, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I can't delete pages from a PDF with Acrobat Pro DC

I checked the properties and the full control is allowed as well as modify. I can actually modify the text inside the document, but I don't see how to delete certain pages. The Edit function is accessible but not the delete.

Should I be in a specific mode to delete pages, and if so, how to access it?

Thanks

Michael

TOPICS
Create PDFs

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Aug 31, 2015 Aug 31, 2015

Process

1. Tools>Organize Pages

2. Select the thumbnail(s) of the page(s) that you want to Delete

3.  Click the Trash icon.

4.  In the "Adobe Acrobat" dialog box message that says "Are you sure you want to delete the page from the document?", click the OK button.

5.  Now you can save the file or continue work with the file.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 31, 2015 Aug 31, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Process

1. Tools>Organize Pages

2. Select the thumbnail(s) of the page(s) that you want to Delete

3.  Click the Trash icon.

4.  In the "Adobe Acrobat" dialog box message that says "Are you sure you want to delete the page from the document?", click the OK button.

5.  Now you can save the file or continue work with the file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 26, 2015 Nov 26, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using Acrobat Pro X I am trying to delete pages within the pdf and this is message i am getting

'One or more pages are in use and could not be deleted' When I move the pdf out of folder I had it in

it sometimes works but this is ongoing. Can someone help and advise. Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 24, 2023 Mar 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This does not get round the problem of "One or more pages are in use...'

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 22, 2016 Mar 22, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you to Steve for the reply. That worked great. Now, to Adobe (Steve, maybe you can pass this on), this is just a stupid, non-intuitive way of deleting pages. Please reconsider for the next Acrobat upgrade!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 22, 2016 Mar 22, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What's non-intuitive about deleting pages via the Pages panel?

By the way, you can also do it via the Tools panel, under Organize Pages.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 23, 2016 Mar 23, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the past, the page icons were visible from the screen that let me preview the PDF. So not only were they right there on the main screen and not hidden underneath a tab click and a button click (like the new way of doing it), but they were virtual pages, so they were literal interpretations of actual pages in a book. All this was very intuitive, at least to me. The new way of deleting pages has me clicking on a tab called Tools (not intuitive - and maybe this is partly due to the location of the tab, since it seems hidden at the top) and then click on an icon that shows a page rotating but underneath says "Organize Pages". What??

The new way involves reading the text and thinking about what it might mean. That equals extra time and possible frustration. Plus, there are just extra clicks to do what you need to do.

User testing and surveys will tell Adobe if this is truly a better way to organize actions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To be honest I don't see much of a different to how it was before, and whether or not the Pages panel is displayed depends on the settings of each file.

If you want you can make a feature request here, though: Feature Request/Bug Report Form

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Where is the pages panel? I don't see anything that says that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It doesn't say that, it's just the name of the panel on the left-hand side where the page thumbnails are.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 31, 2016 Mar 31, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use the Delete icon; it tells me I cannot delete because the pages re in use! frustrated

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 10, 2020 Jul 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try to click on one of the other pages (that you don't want to delete) so you will be 'viewing' that page first. Then right click on the page you want to delete (whilst still 'viewing' the random page that you don't want to delete). Basically what I am saying is that Adobe thinks you're 'using' the page you want to delete if you are looking at it, so try not to 'look' at the page you want to delete i.e. don't load it up/don't view it. Doing this worked for me. Hope it works for you! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 13, 2016 Apr 13, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, The first answer does not work in the current version of Acrobat Pro DC so how do you delete pages in the current version as there is no trash icon on the document on the one im trying to delete but it is normally.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 01, 2018 Feb 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's not working either

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 09, 2021 Aug 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm getting this error also. Six years on and still present, ever since CC's transformation into a b̶l̶o̶a̶t̶ “cloud”-based application.

Solved by exporting all pages except the one which couldn't be deleted, then reasembling the PDF manually, which is as much a “solution” as a hole in the head is for a headache.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 09, 2021 Aug 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

CC is not "cloud based" despite the name. It's just that Adobe's marketing people like the word "cloud" and think it will sell more copies without actually changing the apps...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 13, 2022 Apr 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had to open the file locally from my desktop, instead of opening it from a server. I was then able to properly delete pages.
Why it worked with one server-based PDF, but not the other, is anybody's guess.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 07, 2023 Feb 07, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That worked for me also. I deleted 50 pages but one page would not let me delete it as it was "in use". I tried closing the document and reopening it but that didn't work. When I copied the file to my desktop and opened that copy, I was able to delete the page.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 29, 2021 Dec 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I printed the document to PDF and was able to delete my page.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines