• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Cannot get protected file to prevent page extraction

New Here ,
Feb 01, 2023 Feb 01, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I may be doing something incorrectly, or this could be a bug (?).

In the Password Security - Settings box, I check, "Restrict editing and printing of the document. A password will be required in order to change these permission settings." 

• For Printing Allowed: I chose None
  • For Changes Allowed: I chose None
  • I also uncheck, "Enable text access for screen reader devices for the visually impaired."
  • I set my password and click OK; reenter the password and save

After saving and viewing the Document Restrictions Security, everything is "Not Allowed" except for Page Extraction. Isn't that also supposed to be "Not Allowed"? Is there something else I'm supposed to check? 

Page extraction is allowed.png

Thanks in advance!

TOPICS
Create PDFs , General troubleshooting , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Feb 01, 2023 Feb 01, 2023

I think it's a mistake in Acrobat. Are you able to extract pages after saving and reopening? (Of course non-Adobe apps may ignore settings)

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think it's a mistake in Acrobat. Are you able to extract pages after saving and reopening? (Of course non-Adobe apps may ignore settings)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Ah... that was it Test Screen Name. I had to close the file and then reopen! Thanks so much!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines