• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Cannot install Adobe Acrobat Pro 2020 on Windows 7

New Here ,
Jul 13, 2020 Jul 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I tried to first time launch the installer of Adobe Acrobat Pro 2020, I got this message :

Screenshot_20200713_124800.png

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jul 13, 2020 Jul 13, 2020

Hi Medmedin

We are sorry for the trouble. As described you are trying to install Adobe Acrobat Pro 2020 on Windows 7

Adobe Acrobat pro 2020 is not compatible with Windows 7. The minimum system requirement for Adobe Acrobat Pro 2020 is Windows Server 2012 (64 bit), 2012 R2 (64 bit)†, 2016 (64 bit), or 2019 (64 bit); Windows 8, 8.1 (32 bit and 64 bit)†, or Windows 10 (32 bit and 64 bit)

For more information please take a look at the help article Adobe Acrobat Pro 2020, Acrobat Standard 2020 System Requirements

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Medmedin

We are sorry for the trouble. As described you are trying to install Adobe Acrobat Pro 2020 on Windows 7

Adobe Acrobat pro 2020 is not compatible with Windows 7. The minimum system requirement for Adobe Acrobat Pro 2020 is Windows Server 2012 (64 bit), 2012 R2 (64 bit)†, 2016 (64 bit), or 2019 (64 bit); Windows 8, 8.1 (32 bit and 64 bit)†, or Windows 10 (32 bit and 64 bit)

For more information please take a look at the help article Adobe Acrobat Pro 2020, Acrobat Standard 2020 System Requirements

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks 😉 , so I should switch to the windows 10.

By the way someone sent me a private message and I think they are scaming people here on the site, here's screenshot of the received mail

Screenshot_20200713_204014.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, it's a scammer. Do not give them any private information or allow them to access your computer.

I've reported them in the back channels and they should be banned soon.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 29, 2020 Oct 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not a satisfactory answer.  So what version of Adobe Acrobat should be used for Windows 7?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 03, 2020 Nov 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 05, 2021 Sep 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a Acrobat pro 2020 license and now realized as well that I cannot install it on windows7. Can I at least install Acrobat pro 2017 and use it? I tred to use my installation key (from 2020) for 2017 version, but it did not work 😞 Why?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

2017 and 2020 are different versions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Bernd, that is clear, but if I have paid for Acrbat Pro 2020 and the program now tells me "I will not run on Windows 7"...I think Adobe can be so fair to allow me to use Acrobat Pro 2017 instead (which runs on Windows 7)?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Contact the support of Adobe.

You need a key for version 2017.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, I will do. - Is there an email-contact or only the "online/chat" contact (mo-fr) ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, and be careful of scammers contacting you privately! (see above)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you need PDF software for Windows 7 you need to find a different software maker that supplies a different app. This ship has sailed.

Adobe only sell Acrobat 2020, and the system requirements can be checked before purchase - you certainly need to be checking system requirements if you are still running a system past end of life. In my experience Adobe will NOT supply downlevel software for unsupported systems. Indeed, if you are offered it, seems a sure sign that it is a scammer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 06, 2021 Sep 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I contacted the support today three times: Adobe will not provide me a key for the previous version 2017 (which runs on Windows 7) as Adobe does not sell version 2017 anymore they say they cannot generate any keys for it anymore!?

So, now I have paid Adobe Acrbat Pro 2020 key and cannot use previous version which would solve the issue. Thank you very much Adobe! Very customer friendly 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As I said: since you are using an obsolete, end of life system you need to be checking system requirements very carefully. Expect "Windows 10 only" as the norm. Indeed, they don't support old Windows 10 systems either, over about 2 years old won't work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree - it is of course also my fault. But from my point of view it is absolutely unexpected that I cannot just use an older version of a product I paid...and I still see no reason why Adobe just let me do it.

I just know learned how Adobe works. So I simply will avoid their products in future.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm curious, do you know of any other (major) company that will let you do that? Will MS give you a key for Windows 7 if you bought Windows 10, or Office 2010 if you bought Office 365? Will Apple?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 07, 2021 Sep 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm curious, do you know of any other (major) company that will let you do that? Will MS give you a key for Windows 7 if you bought Windows 10, or Office 2010 if you bought Office 365? Will Apple?

By @try67

Microsoft (open license) does give us downgrade rights. I am using older versions of Windows and Office but my licenses are all for newer versions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 16, 2021 Sep 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

By @try67

haha...no, you are right: Microsoft will give me a Windows 10 and 11 license if I bought only Windows 7 ! *rotfl*

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

That's not the same thing. Adobe also gives discounts for people who upgrade to a newer version. The question is whether they give you a free copy of older versions of their software, ones they don't even support any longer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 07, 2021 Sep 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree - it is of course also my fault. But from my point of view it is absolutely unexpected that I cannot just use an older version of a product I paid...and I still see no reason why Adobe just let me do it.

I just know learned how Adobe works. So I simply will avoid their products in future.

By @Hermann5CDB

First thing you have to do is read Adobe software requirements. You can also download their trial software to see if it works for you. You can't buy then blame them for not letting you do whatever you want with their software.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines