• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Cannot Open (view) a PDF Form in Acrobat Reader

New Here ,
Aug 28, 2017 Aug 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

DC Reader will open and display all types of PDF files except PDF forms I created in Lifecycle Designer.  Chrome, IE Explorer, Firefox and display the same error:

To view the full contents of this document, you need a later version of the PDF viewer. You can upgrade to the latest version of Adobe Reader from www.adobe.com/products/acrobat/readstep2.html

For further support, go to www.adobe.com/support/products/acrreader.html

I have updated Acrobat DC and run repair.

Browser results on this error message are about 6 years old.  Any clue, suggestion welcome.

TOPICS
Create PDFs

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Aug 29, 2017 Aug 29, 2017

Nothing has changed. Well, something has changed, it is now impossible rather than difficult to do this in most browsers. You say you are "opening in Reader DC" but when you open in a browser you are NOT opening in Reader DC. Browsers use their own PDF viewer, which doesn't support Designer forms. So, everything works correctly: the message is shown instead telling you to use Reader. So, use Reader.

By which I mean save the file to your desktop and open it in Reader. To repeat: viewing in a brows

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Aug 29, 2017 Aug 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nothing has changed. Well, something has changed, it is now impossible rather than difficult to do this in most browsers. You say you are "opening in Reader DC" but when you open in a browser you are NOT opening in Reader DC. Browsers use their own PDF viewer, which doesn't support Designer forms. So, everything works correctly: the message is shown instead telling you to use Reader. So, use Reader.

By which I mean save the file to your desktop and open it in Reader. To repeat: viewing in a browser is NOT opening in Reader.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 28, 2020 Sep 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

•  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 23, 2022 Aug 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Error:  To view the full contents of this document, you need a later version of the PDF viewer. You can upgrade to the latest version of Adobe ...

I de-installed and re-installed Adobe, Run as administrator etc, etc, etc and nothing worked.

Finally I found this solution and it works (takes a few seconds longer to open the pdf so be patient)

Run Adobe Acrobat in Compatibility Mode

1. Right-click on the Adobe Acrobat shortcut and go to Properties.
  2. Navigate to the Compatibility tab in the Properties window.
  3. Check the box for Compatibility mode. 
  4. Choose any older Windows version from the available options. (Windows 8 worked for me)

Tap on Apply and hit OK.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines