• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

cannot print any PDF files - program stops responding, is there an easy fix?

New Here ,
Mar 27, 2018 Mar 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Every time I try to print a PDF file, the program stops responding.  I'm a senior and not tech savvy.

Is there an easy fix for this problem?

TOPICS
Print and prepress

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Mar 28, 2018 Mar 28, 2018

Hello Suzanc,

We apologize for the inconvenience caused, as per the description above, when you are trying to print any PDF file, Acrobat stops responding, Is that correct?

Please check for any pending updates of Acrobat from help>check for updates, reboot the machine after installing the updates.

Try repairing the Acrobat from help>repair installation(only for Windows machine), reboot the machine and try printing the PDF file and see if this brings any difference.

Try printing the PDF file as an Im

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 28, 2018 Mar 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Suzanc,

We apologize for the inconvenience caused, as per the description above, when you are trying to print any PDF file, Acrobat stops responding, Is that correct?

Please check for any pending updates of Acrobat from help>check for updates, reboot the machine after installing the updates.

Try repairing the Acrobat from help>repair installation(only for Windows machine), reboot the machine and try printing the PDF file and see if this brings any difference.

Try printing the PDF file as an Image, Under Print dialogue > select your printer from the drop-down list > click Advanced > check the box which says Print as Image > click OK, Launch Acrobat and try printing.

You may also refer to Print PDF as image | Adobe Acrobat, Reader

If the issue still persists, please share the following details:

Let us know how it goes and share your findings.

Regards,

Anand Sri.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 02, 2020 Oct 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been having the same issue with Adobe Acrobat DC (2015), on a PC running Windows 7. When I try to print a PDF as another PDF, the program stops responding. I do this to flatten any headers and footers and/or to resize documents to a different paper size. This is a work machine, so I do not have the option to upgrade the software to a newer version or change my operating system. The problem first arose a few months ago and has been getting progressively worse. It is now to the point where I find I am restarting my machine multiple times a day because the program stops responding and I cannot always successfully force it to quit using the task manager.

I have tried looking for updates and there are none available and I have tried repairing the installation (restarting the machine afterwards). I cannot print my documnts as images because many of the documents would wind up with too large a filesize as a result and most documents have multiple pages that must retain their vector qualities in order to be acceptable. Are there any other options to resolve this issue?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 10, 2022 Aug 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear,

I have a similar problem like this. Some of the pdf files can be printed but some of them cannot. Can you pls help about this subject

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 06, 2024 Jan 06, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I use the Adobe Acrobat 2020 version of the program in a Windows setting, but since two or three weeks I cannot print any pdf file. When I click the print window, the program remains blocked. The solutions so far proposed were unsuccessful.  For printing pdf files I have to use the Acrobat Reader program. Have you any suggestion for resolving this big problem? Thank you in advance!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines