• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Cannot remove saved signature in Acrobat Pro DC

New Here ,
Jan 06, 2020 Jan 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I was trying to sign a PDF and I saved a signature through Fill & Sign. I tried deleting the saved signature but it didn't work. I opened the signed panel and clicked on the minus sign next to the saved signature but it still didn't work. I don't think I can even click on that minus button. Please help me and ask any questions if you have, thank you.

TOPICS
PDF forms

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

New Here , May 31, 2020 May 31, 2020

For whoever faced this problem,  if you want to remove the saved signature just sign out and sign in again the signature will be removed  

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner , Dec 15, 2020 Dec 15, 2020

Suuper - das war die Lösung - besten Dank.

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,
Dec 30, 2022 Dec 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This was the only method which worked for me. I tried re-installing too. I have the latest version of Adobe Acrobat Pro (2022.003.20282) from Adobe Creative Cloud. I'm commenting here and bookmarking this page for next time...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 07, 2023 Aug 07, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes finally. The only step that worked. Thank you so much!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 05, 2021 Jan 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried everything!!! 

the only thing that worked was resetting the form, then I was able to do it right away.

There was no option to remove other signatures, everything was ghosted. Adobe, operating as usual.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 05, 2021 Jan 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

just sign out at the top right corner of the Adobe pro, where your profile photo is.  Fully sign out and sign back in.  Your fill&sign signatures should be gone!  Let us know if this works.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 20, 2023 Jul 20, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This works!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 31, 2021 Jan 31, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

+I have everyone's answer.

You will have to delete the adobe reader and reinstall it.

This time, however, when you tap to open the signature pad, look at the bottom left-hand side.

Turn off save to device

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 28, 2021 May 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

easiest way is to open in adobe acrobat reader, click on the fill and sign button, you should be able to delete it from there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 02, 2021 Jul 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I had the same problem. I tried many different suggestions and still had it. The only action it worked for me was sign out, open Adobe (since it closed when I signed out), and sign in again, so I had to add my signature and my initials again. I hope it works for some of you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 19, 2021 Dec 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had to struggle a lot because all the suggested options did not work for me.

What I did finally was right clicked and selected “Show all labels”.

Somehow magically signature got removed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 20, 2021 Dec 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much for your answer!  It worked!  No logic to it working, but it did!  Once I selected "Show all labels", I could delete a previous signature and add a new signature without any problem at all!  Thanks again!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 02, 2022 Mar 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe must fix this on MacOS. It is a big problem

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 15, 2022 Jun 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I solved it with the following solution:

1. Logout out of Creative Cloud

2. Kill all Processes of Adobe. You can find them by the Icon aswell.

3. Open Finder

4. Navigate to the Library (Go To Menu while pressing ALT)

5. Go into Application Support / Adobe / 

6. Delete the Acrobat Folder

7. Restart your PC

8. Start Creative Cloud

9. Start Acrobat.

Now you should have blank signature fields again. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 05, 2022 Jul 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Probably because you are on macos. Either sign out and restart the app to create new signature or use Preview to create signature.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 12, 2022 Dec 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1. Go to “C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Acrobat\DC\Security\”
  2. Delete the following files:
    1. acrobat_fss_signature_initials
    2. acrobat_fss_signature_initialsi
    3. acrobat_fss_signature_initials
  3. Restart Adobe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 26, 2023 Jun 26, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Works! Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 05, 2023 Feb 05, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Click on "TOOLS" top right

click "More Sign & Certify"

click "Security Settings"

click on the ID you wish to remove and click "Remove ID" 

Adobe Signature Removal (1).jpgAdobe Signature Removal (2).jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 14, 2023 Dec 14, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is still an issue December 2023. I've been on with support uninstalled/reinstalled completely at least 10 times. We have tried different versions of Acrobat and get the same result. Yes signing out/in resolves the issue for that instance but then the user creates a new Sign Yourself signature/initials and runs into the same problem. This is a problem because the user has to edit this signature to update the date/time when verifying documents multiple times a day. Who wants to sign in/out 10 plus times for something that shouldn't be an issue to begin with?

If I sign in under my Adobe account on the SAME laptop, the error does not occur and I can remove/add/edit Sign Yourself signatures. I've been on with support to delete the user account/readd. Again, did nothing. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 14, 2023 Dec 14, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay, so the next time you sign back into the software, go to the signature section and be sure to uncheck the save signature box before accepting it. Do the same for the initials section, uncheck the box.  Every time you start a new document, you will have to restart a new signature and initials until you opt to leave the box checked for saving.

I'm in complete agreement with you but this is the only fix for now.  Adobe needs to get with the program!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 15, 2023 Dec 15, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Agreed. The most frusterating part is it works fine if i'm signed in with my account. I can edit/delete with no errors at all. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines