• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Cannot save pdf

New Here ,
Jun 01, 2021 Jun 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Whenever I try and save pdf documents on my computer, I get the following message: "The document could not be saved. The file may be read-only, or another user may have it open. Please save the document with a different name or in a different folder." I've tried all the suggestions I found in the support community posts - none work. I can't keep on saving to the document cloud. Any ideas why this has suddenly started happening? I am running a Mac version, and have a Creative Cloud account.

TOPICS
Edit and convert PDFs , General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What version of Acrobat are you using: Acrobat Reader DC or Acrobat Pro DC?

What version of the Mac OS are you using?

Where is the location of where you are trying to save this PDF (external drive, Desktop, were)?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Using latest Mac OS software - Big Sur; and latest of Acrobat DC Pro

Jatinder Verma Productions

[P.I Removed by Moderator]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

But WHERE are you saving the file to?

Let me cut to the chase: Have you given Acrobat Permission to save it in a variety of places? If not here's how to do that (BTW, the screenshots are from Mojave or Sierra (it's been a while, sorry I forgot), but they are applicable through to Big Sur. Also, I'm focusing on Bridge in the images but again, this applies to ANY application.

Go to your System Preferences and select Security and Privacy (found in the top section). Now click on the Privacy setting (last tab). Now click on the lock on the bottom left and provide your Administrator code. Now select the Full Disk Access option and click on the "+" symbol. This will bring up the standard Mac Open window and let you add any application you want or need to have full access. Look for Bridge, select it, it will now appear in that window and make sure it's checked. Next go to the Files and Folders option and do the same thing as above (although there's nothing to check, just add. Close everything down and see if that makes it all work.

Please let me know

gary_sc_0-1622589392227.png

gary_sc_1-1622589392228.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, this has not worked. I followed all the steps you suggested. Am trying to save files to my desktop folder. Happy to try any other suggestions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 03, 2021 Jun 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That happens when the file you opened is still selected in the folder with a preview screen. Please try to select a different document in the folder and than retry to save your document. Works with me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Alas, not for me - according to Adobe, the problem's with my Mac profile. Short of creatinga new profile, there seems no easy way around this. It all started with following the latest upgrade in BigSur (11.4).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jatinder,

Just had a thought: do you have an alternate "User" available in your system?

To explain if you're not familiar: if you go into your User settings, and create a new user (I call mine TestMe), if I'm getting strange or wrong issues I restart the computer but go into TestMe instead of my normal starting user (me). I give TestMe full Administrator control. The thing that's different is that you'll be creating all new preferences, etc. This whole thing verifies if you have some issue in your Preferences that mucking up the works or something else. 

It's worth a try becuase there are obviously a number of Big Sur users out there not having your issue.

(Oh, to keep things easy on my brain I use my same PW for Administrator control.)

Let me know if this gets you anywhere!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the tip, Gary. Hesitant to try this because of the time it'll take up shifting all my work documents to the new profile. Just about managing currently by switching profiles & saving my working pdf docs on an external hardrive - and then returning to my main profile to file it where I need it! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jateinder,

No, not that hard at all: you'll have complete access to all of the applications and documents in your current system. All this does is to (self) create all of your preferences. If you look at your content in the user folder, that's what's created. It's very fast and easy. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for the encouragement, Gary - will give it a go later tonight.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines