I'm running Acrobat Pro, Mac 2022.003.20310 (but this has been happening for the past year with earlier versions too).
- Click "Fill & Sign"
- "Sign yourself" and add signature.
- Click "Next" and "Save as read-only copy"
- Message briefly appears at the bottom: "Creating a read-only copy of the file"
- Error message appears: "An error occurred while uploading. Please try again."
Things I've tried, with no luck:
- I'm not trying to upload anywhere, just save locally from/to ~/Downloads.
- I've tried turning off Enhanced security settings and adding my ~/Downloads folder as a Privileged Location.
- I've completely uninstalled and reinstalled, including using AppCleaner to completely remove any old settings that might be lurking.