• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Cannot use acrobat pro DC without internet?

New Here ,
May 23, 2021 May 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I always have acrobat pro subscription on both desktop and laptop (employer pays due to work needs), and for the obvious reason, I have been using desktop most of the time with internet so did not notice this problem before:

Now I'm out of town without internet on my laptop, but everytime I try to open a PD File, the Acrobat Pro DC tells me "we cannot verify your subscription status" and ask me to comnect to internet - but I don't have internet and the subscription has been verified a hundred times before!!

Posting this from my cellphone and I don't have hot spot on my cellphone to let the laptop fulfil the "subscription verification". I don't expect immediate response here of course, but I could imagine I will surely have the same problem later, or others may have the same problem (searched through the forum but all unrelated to this endless "subscription verification" issue), so decided to post this here and hope for a solution.

Thanks!

TOPICS
General troubleshooting , How to , Install update and subscribe to Acrobat , Standards and accessibility

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 23, 2021 May 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes, you must have internet access to use this version of Acrobat. It's required to verify your subscription, as often as it wishes to.

If you want a version that doesn't require (near) constant internet connection you should switch to the "perpetual license" version of Acrobat, currently called Acrobat 2020.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines