• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Capturing HTML pages slow and crashing with DC 2020 (whereas earlier versions had no problem)

New Here ,
Mar 02, 2023 Mar 02, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been creating PDFs by capturing sets of HTML pages for over a decade with various generations of Adobe Acrobat. Typically about 500 pages, 40MB worth of files, with the output being a 25 to 40 MB PDF. Often it would take an hour or so. Worked great.

Now with DC Pro 2020, the system slows to a crawl at the 20% mark or so and eventually spins endlessly and crashes out. I have to do multiple spins and then stitch the PDFs together at the end, with a lot of manual fixing.

I'm on Windows 10, Intel Core i7 @230GHz with 64GB memory.

Anyone know anything that would help?

TOPICS
Crash or freeze , Create PDFs

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 03, 2023 Mar 03, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Joseph28678843p7rw 

Hope you are doing well and sorry to hear that

Would you mind sharing the steps you are doing to create the PDF from web pages? A small video recording of the same would be beneficial.

What is the version of the Acrobat DC you are using? To check the version go to Help > About Acrobat and make sure you have the recent version 20.05.30441 installed. Go to Help > Check for updates and reboot the computer once.

Also try to repair the installation from the help menu (Win Only) and see if that works.

Please try to reset the Acrobat preferences as described here https://community.adobe.com/t5/acrobat-discussions/how-to-reset-acrobat-preference-settings-to-defau...

You may also try to create a new test user profile with full admin rights in Win  and try using the application there and check.

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 03, 2023 Mar 03, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Version 2022.003.20322. No updates available. Ran the Repair Installation and reset the preferences as instructed.

Process is: Tools > Create PDF > Web Page > Capture Multiple Levels > Get Entire Site (Yes to bookmarks, No to PDF Tags, No to Place headers...) Then I select the main HTML page that has links to all the others in a folder and click Create and off it goes.

Same result. It downloads the fist 1500 KB quickly and then gets slower and slower until it bombs. Like the SW is bloated now. I could uninstall this version and go back to 2015 or whatever and it would work just fine on the same file set.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 09, 2023 Mar 09, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Joseph28678843p7rw 

We are sorry to hear that.

Have you tried testing the application in the new user profile as suggested earlier?

If it still doesn't work, would you mind collecting the  Procmon logs (Win Only)  https://www.adobe.com/devnet-docs/acrobatetk/tools/Labs/acromonitor.html  and share them via any cloud storage? Just upload the log file to the cloud, generate the link, and share that link with us for further investigation.

Regards

Amal

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 09, 2023 Mar 09, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks, but it's a work computer and I can't do either of those things. I'll probably have to request IT to reinstall the older version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines