Welcome Dialog

Welcome to the Community!

We have a brand new look! Take a tour with us and explore the latest updates on Adobe Support Community.

CEF sucks the life out of machine/please fix memory leak

New Here ,
Apr 29, 2021 Apr 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have to reboot twice a day when using Acrobat DC, says there are no updates but how the hell do I disable this CEF crap that uses 30-40 of cpu/memory until it crashes?

I am not sure why your customers have to be your test bed. I wish there were a legit alternative.

JackBoston

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've moved this from the Using the Community forum (which is the forum for issues using the forums) to the Acrobat forum so that proper help can be offered.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If you're on a windows machine that have both Adobe Acrobat Pro DC and Adobe Reader DC installed under the same current user accoutn, uninstall Adobe Reader completely and check if that helps.

If you only have Acrobat Pro, and assuming is already updated to the latest version update, what happens if you click on "Help" --->>> "Repair Installation"?

Conversely, what happens if you force an uninstall/reinstall?

It is not recommended to disable the AcroCEF service. However, the case may be that this service is tightly integrated tosome  Google Chrome's framework, and it  also interacts with the AcroServicesUpdater service executable.

My best guess is to block the service at the firewall level.

Create an InBound/OutBound rule at the firewall level, just for troubleshooting purposes, and see if this improves the issue.

That said, does the computer shows the same symptom if you're working in Acrobat completely offline?

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines