• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Certified Mode stuck in Yes

New Here ,
May 02, 2023 May 02, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I need a registry key to force acrobat to recognize 3rd party plugins....currently in this 64 but version it is stuck on yes.

I have 3rd party plug-ins needing to be used. They are not displaying under the menu item (Plug-Ins) after installing (example: Evermap's AutoPortfolio). Of course I need to access this plug-in and can't. When I look in Preferences, General, I see under Application Startup that "Currently in Certified Mode is "Yes". It needs to be no. How do set that to be "No"?

Items already tried: Checking Use only certified plug-ins, exiting, restarting, unchecking Use only certified plug-ins, etc. Doesn't change it. Uninstalling full app, reinstalling...

Is there a registry entry I can modify to make it say NO?

YES, the plugins work with Acrobat...any help would be great. Thank you.

TOPICS
General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is one of the most confusing things in Acrobat, has been for many years. 

"Currently in certified mode: YES" is NOT a switch. You can't turn it off. It's a report. 

The report means "I could not find/could not load any plug-ins". 

So, your copy of Acrobat is not able to load your copy of Evermap Autoportfolio. Most likely cause: this is the 32-bit plug-in - downloaded before 2022. If so, get the latest. If not, contact Evermap support to find why it can't load your plug-in.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK, that was an example....which THAT plugin is 64 bit and current...and still it isn't being seen. Which works on older versions acrobat without issue.

Thank your the clarifiction though....yet, doesn't solve the proble.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 19, 2024 Jan 19, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the same issue with Tic Tie & Calculate, a 3rd party plugin for Acrobat. I found out that the .api file needed for TTC was not located in the Acrobat plug ins folder. This file needs to be in this folder for Acrobat to be able to find the plugin and this will change Certified Mode to No. Search your computer for the .api file for your plugin and once you find it, move it to the Acrobat plug ins folder.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 07, 2024 Feb 07, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

How do you find the .api file? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines