• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Change 4C Grey/Black to Key only

New Here ,
Jul 26, 2022 Jul 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm currently facing a problem that I've faced time and time again. We got a print file from a customer that's in Pantone colours and different shades of 4c grey. However for the file to be printable with our supplier, the black needs to be in key only. 

With some files I managed to get the black to be Key only in the color converting options, but this only works about 20% of the time for some reason. 

Does anybody have a solution for this? I need to preserve the 3 Pantone colours in the document as well as the gradient.

TOPICS
Edit and convert PDFs , Print and prepress

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there a chance you can get the original illustrator/InDesign file?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

In this case I actually did and exported the file myself. However we have a lot of cases where all we get are the pdf files and it would bre great if I found a solution for this in the future. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines