Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Change bars from Word do not transfer over when converted to PDF

New Here ,
Apr 13, 2022 Apr 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Everybody and thanks in advance for your help, 

I am a technical writer, dealing frequently with change bars. The way I do change bars, and this is the simplest way to do them, and be able to remove them in subsequent revisions, is to use track changes. I compose the portion i am changing and complete all of the formatting with track changes OFF and then copy the revised section > delete it > turn on track changes > and paste in the change. 

This works well for the companies I write for and since I am creating this for an end user, manually doing change bars with an outsode border is more difficult and time consuming at each revision. This way, when the next revision comes up, you just accept all changes, and the change bars are gone. Quick, easy and simple. 

These change bars however for some reason do not popuate when converted to an Adobe PDF. 

Anybodt have any feedback on this one?

Thanks,

-Tanner

TOPICS
Create PDFs , General troubleshooting , How to , Standards and accessibility

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 13, 2022 Apr 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I also just saved it as a PDF in word and the change bars appear there, so not sure what Adobe is missing here...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines