Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Change page size in Acrobat

Mar 18, 2015 Mar 18, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm working on a newsletter in Acrobat that is 8.5x11, and I need to change the page size to 8.5x14 to fit all of the content and print the larger page. Is there any way to do this in Acrobat? Thanks.

TOPICS
Create PDFs

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Mar 18, 2015 Mar 18, 2015

If you just select that paper size and choose Fit in the print dialog the application will do it for you.

If you want to actually scale the page to the new size, including all the content in it, you would need to use an imposition plugin or script.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Mar 18, 2015 Mar 18, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you just select that paper size and choose Fit in the print dialog the application will do it for you.

If you want to actually scale the page to the new size, including all the content in it, you would need to use an imposition plugin or script.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 19, 2017 Apr 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Changing the paper size at the point of printing only works for the print run.  We need to change the actual page size, in our case from Letterhead to A4.  Several of our standard document templates were written in the USA and arrive as Letterhead.  If people fail to change the paper size each and every time they print these then it holds up the printer queue as the printer asks for Letterhead paper that we cannot even buy here.  A similar problem exists if we want to downsize an A3 to A4 because we know that the printers of some of our recipients will fail to print whatever they do to set print properties.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 20, 2017 Apr 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First of all, there's an option in Acrobat to tell the printer to fit the page to the printed page.

However, if you want to change the actual dimensions of your pages then you can use the Scale Pages fixup in the Preflight tool of Acrobat Pro (DC version only!), or you can use a plugin or a script, like this one I've developed: Custom-made Adobe Scripts: Acrobat -- Scale PDF Pages

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 26, 2017 May 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the latest Acrobat Pro version running on my MacBook Pro. There is no Scale Pages fix-up in the preflight tool. This is the DC version, but I am not running it through the cloud but locally on my MacBook. How do I get to this tool? I have a document that was edited by a colleague running Windows 10 - and a number of pages (photos) came back with page sizes of 34 X 48" or something similar, while the bulk of the pages remained as 8.5 X 11". This means that the required footers will not print - even if the pages are scaled for printing. Instead, I need to re-set all of the page dimensions to 8.5 X 11". Interesting "feature" if you ask me, and given that Adobe has abandoned any support not related to them getting paid, well, a little annoying. Any thoughts?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 26, 2017 May 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 10, 2022 Nov 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Excellent: thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 01, 2022 Feb 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK BUT WHAT IS THE A OR WHATEVER NAME FOR A 6 X 9 PAGE SIZE? THX!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines