Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Change page size in PDF

Contributor ,
Sep 11, 2021 Sep 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Using a macbook pro, OS 11.5.2, Acrobat Pro DC 2021

I am designing a book in InDesign. The size of the book is 6" x 8.5" (12" x 8.5" for a spread). I want to print out some pages from the book at a local convenience store using their copy machine. The spreads with cut lines will fit nicely on a A3 size sheet.

If I simply export the ID file as a PDF when I use the copy machine, it expands and fills the A3 paper. There is no way on these machines to set the scale.

If I open the PDF with Mac Preview, choose Print, set the page size as A3, then choose Save as PDF, I get a PDF with the spreads and cut lines centered in the middle of an A3 sized sheet. Perfect.

How can do this same thing within Adobe Acrobat?

TOPICS
Create PDFs , Edit and convert PDFs

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi MPKadobe,

Curious question, I've not dealt with "different" page sizes so I had to take a look.

When  you are printing from a PDF in Acrobat, you do not have any option to select page size directly. However, on the bottom left corner you can select the Printer's preferences and from thre you can select your other Page printing options:

2021-09-11_10-34-04.png

And if any of them are just not good enough, you can select the bottom option (Manage custom Sizes…) and even save them for fuutre use.

2021-09-11_10-31-17.png

Hope that helps,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As I wrote in my question, "I want to print out some pages from the book at a local convenience store using their copy machine." So I put the PDF I made from InDesign onto a USB media stick and take it to the store. There is no control of size and scale on the copy machine.

The PDF made from InDesign automatically fills up the A3 page. If I reformat that PDF with Preview, however, I get the spreads and crop lines properly sized in the center of an A3 sheet. (see attached) I can reformat the PDF with Preview because I can use the Print function to choose a paper size through page setup and then do a "Save to PDF." I cannot do this in Adobe Acrobat Pro. It does not allow the Print function to use Save as PDF.

My question was, is there a way, within Adobe Acrobat Pro to reformat a PDF so it is properly sized for an A3 sheet?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, I overlooked that.

It turns out it can be done but my gosh, this is not easy. Here's where I got my information:

https://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/kb/Change-PDF-page-size-in-MAC.html

One word of warning, you do need to use the Print Production Tool . It on the bottom and purple in this screenshot.

2021-09-11_16-00-08.png

Then once you get to teh Pages section you do have to scroll a bit to get to what you want. But it's there.

2021-09-11_16-00-51.png

I'm sorry but I'm in the middle of a bunch of things right now and cannot check if this is a sticky adjustment and then when you want to go back to standard letter pages you have to reverse this or if it's a one-time adjustment each time.

Good luck

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks so much for looking into this. I'll give that a try.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines