Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Change pdf page from portrait to landscape w/o rotating text

New Here ,
Feb 12, 2019 Feb 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, all,

I was sent a .pdf with the text layout in landscape, but the pages show up and print in portrait.  "Organize pages" will rotate the text along with the page which is not helping.  Is there another way to change from portrait to landscape for the page leaving the text in its current orientation?   In addition, while you can see where the text is supposed to be (hanging off the portrait), if I try to copy it on to a new .pdf document, some of the text drops out. 

Any help would be appreciated.

TOPICS
Edit and convert PDFs

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Feb 13, 2019 Feb 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's a head-scratcher. Have you tried playing with paper sizes? Define the page width and height so the text fits?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 13, 2019 Feb 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, thanks.  I've been looking around to see where to adjust page sizes and I can't seem to find where and "help" doesn't seem to be able to direct me to the right location.  Ideas?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Feb 25, 2019 Feb 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry for not checking in - in "print production", you can crop pages, and define page size.

Maybe such trickery could help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 29, 2021 Jan 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you can convert the document to Word, you can use the orientation settings there to change it to landscape, which will carry over when you convert it to pdf. Hope this helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 07, 2024 Apr 07, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I just did this.  I actually copied and pasted into Word.  Changed it into portrait (I needed to switch from landscape to portrait).  Select All, copy and create a new PDF from clipboard.  Worked like a charm.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 31, 2022 Oct 31, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had a document that I converted from Word to PDF which had long tables and needed to be printed in landscape for the pages they where enbedded in. What I found is when you goto print there is a checkbox labeled "Choose paper source by PDF page size" that modified the page layout of the pages with the tables and kept the portrait pages intact. I hope that helps...3+ years later :0)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 03, 2023 May 03, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I couldn't directly fix it. But I could cheat it. I copied the document into itself, and then cropped the bottom of the top sheet, and the top of the bottom one. And then both were oriented to landscape.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines