Copied

Easy way to change pdf document page size from US Letter to A4

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 3 Correct answers

New Here , Dec 09, 2016 Dec 09, 2016

Under edit PDF find the crop tool. Draw a box around your page, doesn't matter what size, and hit enter. In the dialog box that opens on the bottom left is Change Page Size. Select custom and change the page to the size you desire.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Oct 01, 2017 Oct 01, 2017

Here is infornation about how to use Preflight in Acrobat DC Pro to scale pages: Scaling Page Content in Adobe Acrobat Pro DC - KHKonsulting LLC

To use the crop tool, you need to use two steps: you have to enlarge the page first and the crop it down to the target size. The problem is that Letter is wider, but shorter than A4, the change page size only works if both new sided are at least the original size, in this case, one side would be smaller. In the first step, you size the pages to the heig

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner , Sep 12, 2018 Sep 12, 2018

I'm never sure why Adobe never tells you how to do this since it's right in the application. Use the Print Production tool. Click that, then click Preflight. Under the Profiles tab, be sure you're toggled to Pages. Now here's the trick - you'll see 3 little icons next to the Show All tab. Click the Wrench!! Scroll down and you'll see "Scale pages to specified size (Scales all pages of the PDF proportionally to entered value (fit from the inside and add white space)." 
Click on the Edit flag. In

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,
Aug 02, 2023 Aug 02, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much! It works!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 04, 2023 Aug 04, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much, worked perfectly!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 26, 2024 Feb 26, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

OMG thank you. Seriously, thank you. I've just spent 2 HOURS trying to scale pages - surely this is a really really basic function, why is it so hidden?! I found this link with screenshots for anyone else having problems like I was https://khkonsulting.com/2017/03/scaling-page-content-in-adobe-acrobat-pro-dc/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 16, 2021 Feb 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Turtle, the question was asked in 2016 and I replied in 2018. Bernd's fix below is updated in May 2020 and it works.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 15, 2021 Feb 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

THANK YOU! This is the exact solution I was looking for!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Aug 18, 2023 Aug 18, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The ""Scale pages to specified size"  does not show as a choice in any of the submenus under the Profile tab with the blue wrench icon selected. I have Acrobat Pro DC 2023 on Win 11. Why?  The user has to FIRST make sure the Profile is set to Acrobat Pro DC 2015 Profiles from the pulldown menu. Then under the Pages submenu he will find scale choices. Use A4 (8.3 x 11.7) I found this no thanks to Adobe. And was able to  resize all the pages in a new binder document to a standard size easily by using default settings. 

Navigation: Print Production Tool > Preflight > Acrobat Pro DC 2015 Profiles > Scale to A4 (8.3 x 11.7) > Fix

This is the closest to an 8 x 10 document. Print the hard copy as per your usual printing method

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 25, 2020 Jun 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can also open this in Preview on a Mac, or another basic PDF application, where you will get the option to print to PDF. Scales everything down automatically.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 25, 2020 Jun 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Printing will remove all interactive features of the file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 25, 2021 Mar 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

to convert all pages in same size in singe click 

Follow these steps in Adobe Acrobat:

1. Tools

2. Organize Pages

3. Right click first page

4. Crop Pages

5. Apply edits in "Change Page Size" and/or "Page Range" boxes

IMG_20210325_163911.JPG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 16, 2021 Jun 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, this is very helpful! I just want to make a small but very important amendment: it's true that there's no "scale page" option in the versions after 2019. But, you can choose the "adobe pro DC 2015 profiles" from the dropdown menu at the top. Problem solved!

IMG_1340.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 26, 2021 Jun 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is going to sound odd, but you can do it in Microsoft Word.  Copy the image from Acrobat and paste into a Word document set up for A4 sizing. Then F12 (save-as) and save as a PDF. Then re-insert/combine into your original PDF.  Absurd that Microsoft Word can do it but Acrobat can't, but here we are. 

Sometimes you can go to tools > organize & then right click > crop pages, but it usually brings up a "Cannot resize page" error. 

And before one of the "experts" chimes in with the preflight option for the 15th time in this thread, it doesn't work for what most of us are trying to do, which is edit individual pages from a multi-page document. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 18, 2022 May 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My newspaper size is 10x21; however when I pdf the page, it is 11x22...how do I get it stay at 10x21 inches?

Tracey

Spectsator

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 03, 2022 Sep 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do I resize a PDF to A4 in Windows 11?
I read on a site that this cannot be done in Windows 11 !

source 1

تور یونان

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 03, 2022 Sep 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Set page size will open up, enabling you to resize PDF to A4. Scroll to the "<>" icon on the bottom of the pop-up window, and then under the “Change Page Size” tab, select the “Page Sizes” box and choose “A4” page size.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Oct 19, 2023 Oct 19, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That is impossible. You cannot decrease page size and so you cannot get smaller A4 (8.27' x 11.69') from default US Legal (as you can see in Word US Legal is 8.5' x 11.00'). So...

Instead print pdf from Word to be A4. Simple and you get it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 10, 2022 Oct 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

This may be too little too late, but have you considered just using Acrobat's PDF printing feature? I literally just opened my PDF with pages that are off from the traditional letter size, and wanted to turn them into letter size. Switched my printer to "Adobe PDF," and set the page sizes and handling section to "fit." In page setup, I selected letter. Easy peasy, my PDF document pages are now all letter size. I suspect this would also work to go from letter to A4.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 13, 2023 Jun 13, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You probably won't see this, but for anyone else looking - this actually worked for me! I was able to resize A4 to US Letter perfectly, multiple pages at once! In case anyone else is as stoopid as me and is confused how to get it to actually save the PDF, follow all of Alejandro's steps, then at the end just press Print. It will ask you if you want to save the PDF and you can save it to your computer and it will be at the new size! I looked everywhere for how to do this, and this is the only way I found that worked. Lifesaver.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 06, 2022 Dec 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would like to change a poster size from 52x36 to 24x36.  How do I do this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 29, 2023 Jan 29, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The easiest way I've found is to print it, select printer properties and choose A4 and it will automatically resize the page to the correct values.

Mark28156179fuam_0-1674991860938.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 07, 2023 Feb 07, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Super simple... Choose organize pages then in the menu bar click the 'more' drop down. Choose 'set page boxes'. Next screen at the bottom left choose 'fixed page sizes' & choose your page size. Click ok and your done. I just did this easily for a scanned document to make them all a uniform A4 size.  🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 20, 2023 Jul 20, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This worked for me.

1. Click ‘Print’
  2. Set printer to ‘Adobe PDF’
  3. In ‘Page Sizing & Handling’ > Disable ‘Choose paper source from PDF page size’
  4. Click ‘Properties’ at the top next to ‘Printer’
  5. Go to ‘Layout’ tab > Click ‘advanced’
  6. In ‘Paper size’ choose ‘Postscript Custom Page Size’ and edit page size as needed.
  7. ‘OK’ everything and back in original ‘Print’ menu click ‘Fit’ under ‘Page sizing & handling’
  8. ‘Print’ to PDF

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 27, 2023 Nov 27, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could somebody help me resize one pdf page in Acrobat Pro? I've read this forum but the advice either doesn't work or is written in a way that makes no sense. Which particular steps should I follow to make a page that is 10x larger than the others into the same size? The crop suggestion just . . . crops the page. I want to keep all the information just make it smaller. This seems incredibly simple and yet Adobe, as far as I can tell, has no easy way to do it. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines