Copied

Easy way to change pdf document page size from US Letter to A4

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 3 Correct answers

New Here , Dec 09, 2016 Dec 09, 2016

Under edit PDF find the crop tool. Draw a box around your page, doesn't matter what size, and hit enter. In the dialog box that opens on the bottom left is Change Page Size. Select custom and change the page to the size you desire.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Oct 01, 2017 Oct 01, 2017

Here is infornation about how to use Preflight in Acrobat DC Pro to scale pages: Scaling Page Content in Adobe Acrobat Pro DC - KHKonsulting LLC

To use the crop tool, you need to use two steps: you have to enlarge the page first and the crop it down to the target size. The problem is that Letter is wider, but shorter than A4, the change page size only works if both new sided are at least the original size, in this case, one side would be smaller. In the first step, you size the pages to the heig

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner , Sep 12, 2018 Sep 12, 2018

I'm never sure why Adobe never tells you how to do this since it's right in the application. Use the Print Production tool. Click that, then click Preflight. Under the Profiles tab, be sure you're toggled to Pages. Now here's the trick - you'll see 3 little icons next to the Show All tab. Click the Wrench!! Scroll down and you'll see "Scale pages to specified size (Scales all pages of the PDF proportionally to entered value (fit from the inside and add white space)." 
Click on the Edit flag. In

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 10, 2016 Feb 10, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi iana2776730,

Please refer this KB doc https://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/kb/scale-or-resize-printed-pages.html‌ and check if this helps.

Let us know if you need any further help.

Regards,

Meenakshi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 16, 2017 Dec 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

does not help. I can't crop every page...is there a way to simply scale the file size? This seems very basic, but I can't find it anywhere!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 16, 2017 Dec 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We need a bit more information. What are you trying to accomplish? Have you tried the rescale func I mentioned above?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 17, 2017 Dec 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you're interested I've developed a tool that allows you to do it quite easily: Custom-made Adobe Scripts: Acrobat -- Scale PDF Pages

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 12, 2022 Feb 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Try. I've just paid for your tool. Can you please send the download link soon? Thanks, Ernie Beffel

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 23, 2020 Feb 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm commisserating with you, Donald. I don't want to process hundreds of pages of a PDF by resizing each one individually. This is a serious flaw in Acrobat's design/tool set. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 19, 2021 Jan 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Follow these steps in Adobe Acrobat:

1. Tools

2. Organize Pages

3. Right click first page

4. Crop Pages

5. Apply edits in "Change Page Size" and/or "Page Range" boxes

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 25, 2021 Mar 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

its work thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 26, 2021 Jun 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Appreciate the idea, but it gave me (and others) an error message of "Cannot change page size." 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 09, 2022 Dec 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The only thing that worked for me was to export the file to Adobe and check "fitted" in the print size.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 20, 2022 Jan 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How about if "A4" is grayed out but needed?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 15, 2022 Nov 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks--you solved my problem, Sophia

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 20, 2023 Feb 20, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

YES! Thank you! Up to date and easily found... who would think this would be so difficult?!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wouldn't you think Adobe of all companies would have a simple way to scale all pages in a document to a uniform size by now? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is possible with Adobe Acrobat DC Pro.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 01, 2021 Sep 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have Adobe Acrobat DC Pro Bernd. I am yet to find the function.

It should be availabe in 3 clicks. It is not.

It's not rocket science.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 15, 2022 Jan 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your attitude mirrors my mood exaclty hahaha

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 23, 2022 May 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"Apply edits in "Change Page Size" and/or "Page Range" boxes" only works if you are increasing the size of the paper.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 16, 2022 Aug 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That is from 2017...Here we are in 2022 and this is still a problem. How is it Adobe cannot figure out how to scale and resize pages?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In Adobe Acrobat DC Pro use the Preflight Tool to scale the pages.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, I think. I was able to get that to work but man, that is some incomprehensible UI with multiuple confusing steps. Is this really the best Adobe can come up with for a function that seems like it should be easy? This should be acomplished in  a few intuitive clicks.

You can also print the document to a pdf and it give you the option to scale that too. But its a clunky work around.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 27, 2022 Sep 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

use print to PDF, and choose "shrink oversized pages" option.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 27, 2022 Sep 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Info: print to PDF will remove all interactive features.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 09, 2016 Dec 09, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Under edit PDF find the crop tool. Draw a box around your page, doesn't matter what size, and hit enter. In the dialog box that opens on the bottom left is Change Page Size. Select custom and change the page to the size you desire.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines