Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Changing The Document: Not Allowed

New Here ,
Sep 03, 2014 Sep 03, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Anyone who can help us on our issue regarding with the files created using Acrobat 7.

When we open the files using higher versions the Changing the Documents and Document Assembly always marked as Not Allowed but when we open it using Acrobat 7 all settings are Allowed. tried this in few computers running Acrobat 7 with same results.

Capture.JPGCapture2.JPG

TOPICS
Install update and subscribe to Acrobat

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , Mar 31, 2016 Mar 31, 2016

Hi, I just came across this forum because I was having the same problem. I eventually figured out a solution that worked for me, so I thought I would post it here if it might help someone. I have Adobe XI Pro and was not able to edit a document that had no security settings made by Adobe 7, I kept getting the message that it was signed. I went to Tools>Forms>Edit Form, and I got an error saying the document was signed, but it also asked me if I wanted to save a copy, so I did. Then I was able to

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Sep 04, 2014 Sep 04, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The not allowed would indicate the file was created with security set or possibly is a PDF/A file. The /A is an archive format that does not allow changes and you would have to remove the /A with preflight if that is the case. For the security settings, you can check the document properties under the security tab. There is also usually a little gold key on the screen when secured. The original creator is old (looks like from AA4) and may have been edited in a later version to get the version level.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What are you opening in

- Acrobat Standard

- Acrobat Pro

- Adobe Reader

?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, Thanks for the reply.

If we open the files using Acrobat 7 Standard and Pro in any computer, the Document Restrictions Summary shows All Allowed

When we open the files using higher version (ver 8 to Ver 11) standard and Pro, the Document Restrictions Summary shows Changing the Documents and Document Assembly Not Allowed

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here is the Document Security Settings when I open using Acrobat 7 Pro

Acrobat-7-issue.PNG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 05, 2014 Sep 05, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are absolutely sure it is standard and pro? Because what you describe is exactly what Adobe Reader does.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 05, 2014 Sep 05, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry to say but yes I'm 101% sure that I open using Acrobat Pro. below is using Acrobat X Pro Trial Version with complete Installation not typical..

Acrobat 10 Pro.JPG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 07, 2014 Sep 07, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

anyone from Acrobat Product Expert who can help us on our issue... Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 08, 2014 Sep 08, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is it a document you can share, or do you have another example that you can share?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 08, 2014 Sep 08, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, here is the sample file. 1st 3 pages created and signed using computer01, pages 4 and 5 inserted using computer02. both are using Acrobat 7 Pro.

Acrobat Test-file.pdf - Google Drive

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 09, 2014 Sep 09, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi fugrosupportadobe,

Are you trying to view the file on the same system that hey have been developed on and see the difference between two versions of Acrobat?

What happens if you open the same file using Adobe Reader ?

Try opening the file on a different system using Acrobat 7 and check and update the difference.

Thanks,

Vikrantt Singh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ah, it's SIGNED. At some point Adobe decided that signed files should be treated as read only, apparently because a lot of people expected it. Can't say I agree, but there we are.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I have 3 PC. PC1 and PC2 are using Acrobat 7 Pro. PC3 is using Acrobat 10 Pro.

I've created and signed the PDF using PC1 then I access the PDF file using PC2. PC2 can insert page without a problem. all Document Restrictions are all set to All Allowed before and after PC2 modify the pdf file.

When I access this PDF file from PC3 even PC2 haven't modify it yet, the Changing the Documents and Document Assembly Not Allowed. 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

here is the other test file created in PC3 which is running Acrobat 10 Pro. the document restrictions for this file when I open it using PC1 and PC2 (Acrobat 7 Pro) are all set to allowed.

Page 1 with Sign - Acrobat 10.pdf - Google Drive

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, what you say fully supports my reply. Don't expect to edit signed files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, here is one more file created and signed using Acrobat 10 Pro(PC3). I able to insert page using Acrobat 7 Pro(PC2)

Page 1 with Sign - Acrobat 10 with inserted page.pdf - Google Drive

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes. The locking of signed documents is a new feature of Acrobat, not a change in security.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That is apparently a change. My understanding was that signatures did not disallow changes, but any changes would invalidate the signature and you would have to get the signature anew.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't really know the details, I hope someone else can fill them in.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bill is correct. after signing the PDF document, there is an option to lock the PDF file. For our case we never lock the files cause every modification made on the PDF files, user must digitally sign the document. 🙂

Hope anyone from Adobe Product Expert can help us. I've tried the Adobe Chat support 3times but they cannot resolve our issue and always point me to this Community forum.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 11, 2014 Sep 11, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Anyone from Adobe Product Expert here...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You could try the Security & Digital Signatures forum.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks I will try that

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 13, 2014 Sep 13, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Attention: Acrobat Product EXPERT

PLEASE Reply

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 13, 2014 Sep 13, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think you have a basic misunderstanding of how community forums work. Sorry.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines