Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Changing the font while using Fill&Sign

Community Beginner ,
Jun 04, 2019 Jun 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I have two computers and exactly the same version of Acrobat Reader DC is installed in both (2019.012.20034). In the newer computer, while I try to fill a form (using the "Fill & Sign" feature), I get a quite ugly font. Trying to fill the same file in the older computer, I get a nice "formal" font when doing exactly the same thing. How can I change the default font in the newer computer? Is it something inside the program's settings or OS related?

Thanks in advance

TOPICS
PDF forms

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jun 11, 2019 Jun 11, 2019

Hi ldorfman,

As shared, similar form is filled on two different computer using the same version of Acrobat Reader DC, but results are different. Its an issue with the font, probably the similar font isn't installed on your computer (the one which isn't giving accurate result) and its picking automatically the one is available for it.

Additional: try installing font pack Adobe - Adobe Reader : For Windows : Adobe Acrobat Reader DC Font Pack (Continuous) - For Acrobat Reader DC versions 15.… and se

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 11, 2019 Jun 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi ldorfman,

As shared, similar form is filled on two different computer using the same version of Acrobat Reader DC, but results are different. Its an issue with the font, probably the similar font isn't installed on your computer (the one which isn't giving accurate result) and its picking automatically the one is available for it.

Additional: try installing font pack Adobe - Adobe Reader : For Windows : Adobe Acrobat Reader DC Font Pack (Continuous) - For Acrobat Re... and see if that makes a difference.

Thanks,

Akanchha

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the answer, Akanchha. Indeed, installing the font pack solved my problem and now I can use a "formal" font for filling forms. One question though: Can I chose the font Acrobat Reader uses? Now when I know there are actually at least two fonts the program may use, is there a way to switch between them?

Thanks, Liron

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's great Liron.

Answer to your further question- Unfortunately, freeware Adobe Reader doesn't have this feature. You can not change the font type in Adobe Reader, but yes you can do the same with subscription version Adobe Acrobat DC.

Thanks,

Akanchha

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 12, 2019 Jun 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the clarification, Akanchha.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 18, 2019 Jun 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your welcome Liron.

Let me know if there's any further information is required.

Thanks,

Akanchha

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 08, 2019 Dec 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If I remember correctly, in previous versions of Fill & Sign, you were able to change and edit the font and text colors??? Has this been changed and restricted recently??  I have been doing most of my text entry in "Edit Pdf" - As another user mentioned, with a font and or color change, it makes proof reading so much easier.  It is important to have the separation between "original form text" and "user filled out text" when filling out complex documents. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 15, 2022 Nov 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I am having the same issue of not being able to change the font color.  It was defaulted to black last week and now it is defaulting to white.  I click on the Dot to change the color but nothing happens.  I am currently using Adobe Acrobat Pro version 22.003.20263.0 64 bit

Adobe Fill and sign.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines