• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

check box

New Here ,
Jun 19, 2020 Jun 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

adding check boxes to form but when in preview or opened to fill out, if you click on one box, all the check boxes get checked. How can I remedy this. thanks. I'm in acrobat pro DC

TOPICS
Create PDFs , General troubleshooting , How to , PDF forms

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You will get this action if all the checkboxes are the same name and same export value. Not knowing what you are trying to accomplish.

If you want the checkboxes to function independently from each other, then they need to have unique names. If they have the same name but you want them to be mutually exclusive, then they need to have unique export values. Same name and different export values will deselect other checkboxes with the same name while checking one.

If this helps, great or else please better explain what you are trying to accomplish.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

We are sorry for the trouble. As described checking one box arks all boxes checked.

Is this a behavior with a particular PDF file or with all the PDFs? Please try to create a new PDF form with check boxes and try to select one and check for the issue. If its a file specific issue please share the file with us for testing.

What is the workflow/steps taken to create this particular PDF file?

What is the version of the Adobe Acrobat DC you are using? To check the version go to Help > About Adobe Acrobat DC and make sure you have the latest version 20.009.20067 installed. Go to Help > Check for Updates.

Let us know how it goes

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 22, 2023 Feb 22, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I am learning how to create fillable PDFs on the fly, so I apologize if this questions has already been addressed. I am creating Yes/No checkboxes and Acceptable/Not Acceptable checkboxes. Unfortunately, both Yes and No can be checked. How can I format the checkboxes so that only one option can be selected? Thank you from a newbie at this. 🙂 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 22, 2023 Feb 22, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Give the checkboxes same name but different export value, for example:

for yes/no checkbox, give both checkboxes name "check" and give one checkbox export value "Yes" and give second checkbox export value "No".

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines