• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Checkbox values visible in Preview in Mac but not on Adobe Acrobat Pro

New Here ,
Apr 24, 2024 Apr 24, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would really appreciate it if someone can help me here.

I am trying to AJAX post this form data from a Python-Django based web application and generate a PDF file. This form has some checkboxes that can be answered and the values for these fields get picked up in the payload in the AJAX post.

Now, when I try to open that generated PDF file using Preview app on Mac, I am able to see the checkbox marked correctly; I can also see the checkbox marked correctly when I open the downloaded PDF in Google Chrome web browser as well.

However, when I try to open the same file using Adobe Acrobat Pro, I cannot see those check marks for those checkboxes. This is only happening for checkbox values and no other fields.

I have tried to check that the field name attribute on both the Adobe Acrobat Pro (using Prepare a Form section) and my .HTML file where I am defining that field in my web application and they both match up.

Can someone please tell me why this is happening? If this is a known issue, what is a good work around for the same?

TOPICS
Create PDFs , Edit and convert PDFs , General troubleshooting , How to , JavaScript , Modern Acrobat , PDF , PDF forms

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Preview is a terrible application that corrupts PDF files, and especially form fields, just by opening them. Avoid using it at all costs if you want your file to work correctly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Well, it is not just not working on Preview.

I see it working when I open the file in Google Chrome tab but it does not look the same on Adobe Acrobat Pro.

I have also attached an image with my question for further reference; please take a look at it and let me know if that clarifies anything.

Thanks again!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines