• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Checkbox

New Here ,
Aug 12, 2022 Aug 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am composing a checklist and want to add a function where I check one box for at standard and all the required boxes will be ticked. The kicker is I also need to be able to untick boxes without removing the ticks from the rest of them. How do I export the value from one box to another and not lock it to that single value?

TOPICS
Create PDFs , Edit and convert PDFs , How to , JavaScript , PDF forms

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Aug 13, 2022 Aug 13, 2022

Your explanation is very confusing.

To check other checkboxes use 'Mouse UP' of first checkbox you manually tick, and use something like this:

if(event.target.value != "Off"){
this.getField("check1").checkThisBox(0,true);
this.getField("check2").checkThisBox(0,true);}

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Aug 13, 2022 Aug 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your explanation is very confusing.

To check other checkboxes use 'Mouse UP' of first checkbox you manually tick, and use something like this:

if(event.target.value != "Off"){
this.getField("check1").checkThisBox(0,true);
this.getField("check2").checkThisBox(0,true);}

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Apologies on the confusion but that seems to have done the trick. Thank you very much.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The thing is to set up an action - which happens once and checks all the other boxes when you click on the master box. Then the user is free to uncheck any one. (You will want to think what you want to happen if the user unchecks the master box, and make it happen). See Nesa Nurani's post for full details of that approach.

What you don't want is any kind of calculate event to make this happen. You could do this, so that each box is always checked if the master is checked, but then you can't uncheck single boxes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines