• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

checkboxes vanish when save to acrobat DC

New Here ,
Sep 01, 2022 Sep 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Our new hires complete and return a PDF form, which includes yes/no checkboxes. When i open the file in CHROME, i can see everything fine. When i open the form i acrobat, which i have to do as we have to encrypt the form to send to the govt, the checkboxes are all blank.  Does anyone know what i need to to do to maintain ALL of the candidate's responses AND encrypt the form as required?

Thank you!

Pam R 

TOPICS
How to , PDF forms

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The attached PDF is blank in Chrome and Acrobat. I made edits to it in both and couldn't see any problems. Both showing the same state of the radio buttons. Do you know what PDF viewer your clients use? There's a know issue with Apple Preview which damages the PDFs so you can't see the user entries in every PDF viewer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

that is the blank form as i can't send a completed one because of security. When the candidate completes and signs the form, they send to me as a pdf. i have to password protect it to send the government and when i add password protection to the file, THEN all the previously selected checkboxes are blank.  i wasn't clear i know - sorry!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 02, 2022 Sep 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

When I protect the file it doesn't unselect the selected checkboxes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines