• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to change the Highlight color in Adobe Acrobat/Reader

Adobe Employee ,
Aug 20, 2021 Aug 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Add comments to PDF files with highlights, sticky notes, a freehand drawing tool, and mark-up tools. 

If you would like to change the text highlight color or get the text highlighted in multiple different colors (E.g., want some items to be yellow, and others a different color). This can be achieved with the help of below mentioned steps, where you can change the color of your highlighted text and set it (from the one given in color panel) as per your desire.  

1. Choose Tools > Comment to open the Comment toolbar. The comments that you add to the document are displayed in the right pane. 

2. Select the Highlighter from the Menu-bar at the top.  

Picture1.png

3. Highlight the text and select.

Picture2.png

1. Right-click on highlighted text and select Properties.

Picture3.png

1. On the Highlight Properties dialog, select the color from the Color panel and click OK.

Picture4.png

Note: If you would like to make this color choice as default, you may check the dialog box “Make Properties Default” and then click OK.

Hope this has helped you manage your text Highlight color! Have any further questions in mind? Then please join the conversation here. Your feedback is valuable for us!

For other great resources click here: Message: Update your OS or Browser while signing into Acrobat |  Cannot verify your subscription status-Adobe Acrobat DC | Understand how and when we can display PDF in web browser-Acrobat DC

Know more about the Sign Enhancements with Acrobat DC’s latest version.

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 19, 2019 Oct 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do I change the Acrobat DC text highlighter color?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 19, 2019 Oct 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can change the color in the properties of the highlight.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 20, 2021 Oct 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And how do I do that???

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 20, 2021 Oct 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Acrobat 101: right-click on any tool, select Properties from the context-sensitive pop-out menu.

In your case, the highlighter's properties will include its color.

Since this basic task is unfamiliar to you, consider taking a class in Acrobat or even some free online tutorials. Adobe has plenty on their website that are quite good for these rudimentary tasks. https://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/tutorials.html

|    Bevi Chagnon   |  Designer & Technologist for Accessible Documents
|    Classes & Books for Accessible InDesign, PDFs & MS Office |

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 03, 2022 Sep 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not 100% correct. Right click on the highlighter tool and choose "Show Properties Bar." That floating properties bar allows choosing highlighter color and % opacity. Additionally, the color and opacity of already highlighted text can be changed by LEFT clicking on that text with the selection pointer; that brings up a little properties tool bar.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 07, 2022 Oct 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 13, 2022 Oct 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Great explanation and it worked.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 15, 2023 Mar 15, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 18, 2023 Mar 18, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you. I did exactly as you said and it worked perfectly

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 15, 2022 Sep 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What an AH commentor.  I have taken the online class and changing the color is NOT evident, right click aside.

Thanks for the superuser snark.  Just don't respond to a HELP board if you look down at a quick answer.

Of course Acrobat NEVER updates is integrated help areas - it leaves it to the COMMUNITY of AHs that take a little time to snark on folks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 05, 2022 Dec 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, Captain "Acrobat 101" found it necessary to condescend to anyone seeking an answer. It's not even the best response. Made my stomach turn reading the extra time taken to slap the person around with aggressive remarks. Dear Bevi Chagnon - PubCom: Since being nice "is a basic task" and is unfamiliar to you, consider taking a class in do-unto-others-101 or even some free online tutorials. YouTube has plenty on their website that are quite good for the "rudimentary" knowledge of treatement of others.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 13, 2022 Oct 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you highlight the text with the color that is already there, like yellow, right click on the highlighted text and select Properties - there I was able to change it. See if that works for you~ 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 28, 2022 Oct 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you.  Your solution actually works.  None of the others did.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 01, 2022 Nov 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So glad it worked! I just fell into it while trying different things 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 15, 2022 Jan 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Originally, if you right-click on the program, you can change the color of the highlighter conveniently, but on my computer, you can't change the color of the highlighter, but do you know how to solve it?

KakaoTalk_20220108_150703075.pngKakaoTalk_20220108_150737302.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,
Jan 15, 2022 Jan 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello @Jerry22675104b9jq,

You might want to quit and restart the program, another option is to right click > Properties to access the Highlight Properties.

Select on the Color thumb to open the color options.

Screen Shot 2022-01-16 at 12.06.25 AM.png

Regards,

Mike

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 22, 2022 Jan 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much for your answer, but I don't think it's the answer I'm looking for.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 16, 2022 Jan 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can also add the the comment color tool to your Quick Tools. Right-click on the right hand portion of your tool bar and choose and choose Edit Quick Tools. Thenn you'll need to twirl down the various section until you find the one you're looking for. It is will look like either a paint bucket or a plain circle. Once you find it, click on it and then click on the up arrow in the right to add it to your Quick Tools.

niw it will be in your toolbar and you can change the color of comments without having to go into a separate dialog box each time. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 22, 2022 Jan 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much for your kind explanation, but can you tell me one more
time through drawing? I can't find it.... 😞 I'm so sorry

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Aug 26, 2022 Aug 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello.I  woudl a sk  you  if  and  how  can change  the  default highlight  text  color via  preferences.I  know  that  i  can  do it  if  enable  the  highlight  text  icon  >pass over  the  text and  choose  with right  clik via pop up  window.But  from  preferences  how  to  do  that?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 26, 2022 Aug 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Choose the color and enable "Make Properties Default".

Bild1.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Sep 19, 2022 Sep 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank  you.Can  i  do  it  also  from general  settings?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 19, 2022 Sep 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can't set this in the preferences.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Nov 30, 2022 Nov 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Τhank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines